General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User omnius
(member) Wed 18-Feb-15 16:16:45
Print Post

FTTP in carlisle (LCCAR)

[link to this post]

Hi all i know samknows isn't always 100% right but they are showing that fttp is available in some parts of carlisle, can anyone confirm that or do you think they are getting confused with fttpod?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Feb-15 16:39:36
Print Post

Re: FTTP in carlisle (LCCAR)

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

Native GEA-FTTP is not available from any cabinet areas in the Carlisle exchange area yet, but it is on its way probably to a few of them.

Have just double checked and all the live areas are pure FTTC, so possible mis-reading SamKnows and its FTTP on Demand.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Wed 18-Feb-15 16:48:42
Print Post

Well I just checked that exchange and oh wow that has loads of cabinets connected to that.
Anyway there is no FTTP as yet, however there is several EO Line blocks planned to get FTTP, not saying they will due to I have seen that they end up just getting FTTC.
And you have several cabinets to get FTTP (I mean homes that are connected to those cabinets to get FTTP), same again not a guarantee to get FTTP.
And 18 cabinets to get FTTC to be available from mid 2014 to around March 2015 and there are some that are just planned with no dates.

As for Sam Knows, I think they mean that your exchange is ready for both FTTC and FTTP installs.

*** update ***
Dammit, I must type faster tongue

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Wed 18-Feb-15 16:49:36)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User omnius
(member) Wed 18-Feb-15 18:41:42
Print Post

thank you both smile
Standard User AndyHCZ
(member) Wed 18-Feb-15 21:10:57
Print Post

It's around 230 homes/premises on cabinet P27 - FTTP is being covered by BDUK Cumbria and due for completion on 11 March.
  Print Thread

Jump to