General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrksctt
(newbie) Thu 26-Feb-15 14:16:31
Print Post

Cable recovery

[link to this post]

Just noticed on roadworks.org that BT are doing cable recovery in our area, I assume at least one of the benefits is that it makes room in the ducts, as well as get BT lots of cash for the copper they pull out.

So as we had our fibre cabs put into place getting on for two years ago now (July 13), should I finally be getting my hopes up that they may actually hit their latest date of June.

Here's hoping
Mark
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Thu 26-Feb-15 15:41:36
Print Post

Re: Cable recovery

[re: mrksctt] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrksctt:
Just noticed on roadworks.org that BT are doing cable recovery in our area, I assume at least one of the benefits is that it makes room in the ducts, as well as get BT lots of cash for the copper they pull out.
They could be replacing the old copper lines with new ones, which could of been down to faults, or to just free up some space, think the new stuff may be thinner.

In reply to a post by mrksctt:
So as we had our fibre cabs put into place getting on for two years ago now (July 13), should I finally be getting my hopes up that they may actually hit their latest date of June.

Here's hoping
Mark
Well I don't want to sound negative but we have been waiting for fibre since Oct-Dec 2011 and are still waiting, but we are down for FTTP but where you already have the fibre cabinets installed you seem most of the way there, so just the wait.
Standard User FredTheB
(regular) Thu 26-Feb-15 15:53:36
Print Post

Could you give me postcode so I can check dates for fibre.

Normally cabling is just fixing a fault or refreshing old cables with brand new ones. Maybe they are installing a service to someone's house?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrksctt
(newbie) Thu 26-Feb-15 15:56:52
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Its exchange WMBLY cab 17 its current RFS date is Jun 15.

Apparently there are number of duct blocks, at least one at the level crossings that is holding the rollout up, but this is first sign on roadworks.org of BT for a long time now.

BTW The postcode is ST119NT if you can get any more info than me smile
Standard User FredTheB
(regular) Thu 26-Feb-15 16:04:35
Print Post

Yh, so fibre will be with you fingers crossed by June 30th, but I've seen that your cabinet has been constantly push back since 2013! This was probably due to constant duct blockages. It is same scenario were I live. But back to your copper cabling, probably doesent have anything to do with fibre
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Thu 26-Feb-15 16:30:18
Print Post

I just did a test and seems that your cabinet 17 along with cabinet 13 are all ready and also show up on BT's DSL Checker, but I think they are still doing tests on it and it says it should be ready on 30th June 2015, info shown below:
Exchange Name: Blythe Bridge
Exchange Code: WMBLY

Cabinet: 12, 13, 17
Fibre Phase: 10b 2013
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned for 30th June 2015
Result Count: 36

[ST11 9NT]
Has 1 result(s) connected to Cabinet 13 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
Range A: 69.4 -> 80.0 (downstream) 20.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B: 60.7 -> 80.0 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Availability Date: 30-Jun-15

Has 34 result(s) connected to Cabinet 17 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
Range A: 35.5 -> 80.0 (downstream) 8.4 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B: 25.7 -> 80.0 (downstream) 6.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Availability Date: 30-Jun-15

Has 1 result(s) connected to Cabinet 12 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
Range A: 54.0 -> 73.4 (downstream) 16.5 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B: 35.1 -> 64.8 (downstream) 10.7 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Availability Date: Available

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.

Paul
Standard User FredTheB
(regular) Thu 26-Feb-15 17:30:29
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

What website do you find this? smile
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Feb-15 18:07:35
Print Post

I susspect you are right about the cable recovery. Dates may still change though
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Thu 26-Feb-15 18:07:55
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FredTheB:
What website do you find this? smile
Well without saying too much, but I use one site (which is listed many time on these forums) to get a list of postcodes for a cabinet and also the fibre info if any for that cabinet, and I then use my own written app that (automated) checks every postcode for said cabinet with BT's DSL Checker.
My information only looks good due to I lay it out nice tongue

Paul
Standard User mrksctt
(newbie) Fri 27-Feb-15 13:27:01
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

The bit about dates still possibly changing I didn't want to hear frown
  Print Thread

Jump to