General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User birkby123
(newbie) Thu 26-Feb-15 17:22:16
Print Post

Huddersfield cabinet 13. I am losing hope.

[link to this post]

I was hoping someone can find out some information about cabinet 13 in Huddersfield. My postcode is HD2 2BP. Kirklees council has not signed up to the BDUK funding scheme and is foolishly relying on Cityfibre to implement their deployment of FTTP in the next few years which will probably never happen except for high paying businesses. In the meantime BT have been busy upgrading many cabinets around here on their commercial rollout of FTTC. Most areas are now fully upgraded. My cabinet on the BT wholesale checker has had the date of fibre enablement pushed back every quarter for the past two years and is now suggesting September 2015 but this will probably change too. A new cabinet (looks like a FTTC cabinet from internet pics) was built about 50 metres from the existing pcp cabinet about 2 years ago but is still not enabled. I would appreciate if anyone had some more information as I have searched everywhere to no avail.
Standard User FredTheB
(regular) Thu 26-Feb-15 17:28:28
Print Post

Re: Huddersfield cabinet 13. I am losing hope.

[re: birkby123] [link to this post]

Here is what i found,

Cabinet P13 FTTC Planned for 30th September 2015

there you go wink
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 26-Feb-15 17:30:39
Print Post

Do you have any pictures of the 2 cabinets? Are you sure it's 13?

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User birkby123
(newbie) Thu 26-Feb-15 17:35:05
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Yes but the date keeps being pushed back every quarter. It started off as September 2013!
Standard User birkby123
(newbie) Thu 26-Feb-15 17:37:34
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes its cabinet 13. All the pcps are numbered around here in white. The new cabinet built two years ago is around 50 metres away on a grass verge next to a lampost but is not numbered.

Edited by birkby123 (Thu 26-Feb-15 17:38:14)

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Feb-15 12:04:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by birkby123:
In the meantime BT have been busy upgrading many cabinets around here on their commercial rollout of FTTC. Most areas are now fully upgraded.

There seems to be 45 cabinets on the Huddersfield exchange that still have a "planned" status, most of which have dates of either June or September.

There are 49 cabs with a live status, and 63 cabinets where it isn't planned.
Standard User birkby123
(newbie) Fri 27-Feb-15 12:35:18
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thank you. That is really useful to know. Hopefully the cabinet will go live this year.
  Print Thread

Jump to