General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User LA7
(learned) Fri 27-Feb-15 08:52:06
Print Post

Fibre with Technicolor TG799vn v2 & Openreach modem

[link to this post]

I have fibre installed yesterday £25 for up to 76mb inc phone line the installer said he was only there to install the openreach modem but that was not so much of a problem so i called SSE as the TG799VN the sent me came with no instructions, So when speaking to the guy in tech support at SSE he told me I can set up the TG799VN with out the need for the openreach modem and also gave me my username and password,

So my question is Technicolor TG799vn v2 any good would i better off not using the Huawei openreach modem? or would i be better off getting a new vdsl modem?

Edited by LA7 (Fri 27-Feb-15 08:54:09)

Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 28-Feb-15 11:35:32
Print Post

Re: Fibre with Technicolor TG799vn v2 & Openreach modem

[re: LA7] [link to this post]

The tg799vn is a fibre modem-wireless-router so you can use that as an all one box and not use the open reach modem.

As for setting it up, you should have got instructions

unplug the open reach modem
plug the tg799 into the right sockets (dsl socket and perferably using a wired connection to set it up - so use the yellow cable to your laptop/pc).

In IE/firefox or chrome, type in 192.168.1.254 (might be 10.0.0.1)

If it brigs up user/pw boxes

user: admin
pw: "The default password for your Technicolor Gateway was set to the Serial Number (SN)." (there will be a label underneath the router).

if it brings up the configuration wizard(setup wizard) select vdsl/fibre, or SSE and then put your user name and pw in the appropriate boxes.

if not, go to techincolour gateway > Setup my Technicolor Gateway and then go thru the setup wizard

Any Qs yelp back!
Standard User LA7
(learned) Sun 01-Mar-15 02:26:42
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

Hi just seen your post many thanks i got the tg799vn working in the end i had to tick vlan id 101 not sure what this does but it worked,

I did not receive any instructions with it non at all just a generic router in a plain box.

one other thing when i do a speed test or check my ip it says daisy communications?

Edited by LA7 (Sun 01-Mar-15 02:28:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 01-Mar-15 03:23:34
Print Post

Daisy Comms are a large broadband wholesaler, providing the service for numerous resellers. The quality of your connection depends on how much capacity per customer your reseller is paying for.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 60.0/17.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User LA7
(learned) Sun 01-Mar-15 14:43:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Many thanks they must supply sse then

These are the speeds i am getting been testing and no issues so far http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14252...

Edited by LA7 (Sun 01-Mar-15 14:47:27)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 01-Mar-15 18:17:21
Print Post

Are you running Kaspersky or Avira Internet Security?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User coolstud
(newbie) Thu 26-Mar-15 15:05:46
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

Hi Taras

Thank you for your help got my tg799vn v2 up and running without openreach modem.

Just stuck on 3 things would you know how to enable 802.11ac, 5Ghz and IPv6 as I cannot find them any where in the setup menu OR is that something SSE provider has blocked or not updated the firmware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hope to here from you!
Standard User Jamran
(newbie) Fri 22-May-15 06:47:30
Print Post

Re: Fibre with Technicolor TG799vn v2 & Openreach modem *DELETED*

[re: coolstud] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Jamran
Standard User Jamran
(newbie) Fri 22-May-15 06:48:32
Print Post

[re: coolstud] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by coolstud:
Hi Taras

Thank you for your help got my tg799vn v2 up and running without openreach modem.

Just stuck on 3 things would you know how to enable 802.11ac, 5Ghz and IPv6 as I cannot find them any where in the setup menu OR is that something SSE provider has blocked or not updated the firmware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hope to here from you!

I'm also interested in finding this out. Anyone?
Standard User Jamran
(newbie) Fri 22-May-15 18:09:41
Print Post

[re: Jamran] [link to this post]

I spoke to the technical guys at SSE. They said that these options aren't available on this firmware as its been disabled.
My question is are there any custom firmware or anything else that can be done to enable them again? Or Is the only option to purchase a new router?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to