General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dsch
(member) Sun 01-Mar-15 20:45:53
Print Post

Activation Charges

[link to this post]

I'm about to take change from ADSL to FTTC and considering which ISP to choose.

Would someone please enlighten me as to why I might consider an ISP that has an activation charge for FTTC if this is something I can avoid elsewhere? Is there any advantage at all to paying for a service that others offer for free?

Thanks.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 01-Mar-15 22:57:39
Print Post

Re: Activation Charges

[re: dsch] [link to this post]

The free ones normally insist you put your phone line rental with them. Others may not charge it if you do, even though they don't insist on having the line rental.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 02-Mar-15 08:16:44
Print Post

You have to look at the whole package - if 2 providers have a suitable package but one is more expensive all in than the other then it is an easy choice. The connection charge is just part of the overall financial cost so take all costs and service into account and make a decision based on that.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 02-Mar-15 09:11:04
Print Post

I paid a activation charge when I went with Plusnet, I could have gone with Talk Talk and no upfront charges, but it is Talk Talk and I do not want to go with them to be honest.

As been said you got to look at the package as a whole and look what you get for your money and also how good the service is.

I could have saved a bit over 18 months by going with Talk Talk, but I think Plusnet offers the better package for me,.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 8 pro 64bit, no dreaded metro and Linux , laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to