General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bgaz
(newbie) Thu 05-Mar-15 23:42:57
Print Post

Buckshaw Village

[link to this post]

My home is on Buckshaw Viallage served by cabinet 59 from the Leyland exchange. my cabinet is fibre enabled, and i have been able to place several orders at points when the service is marked as available. However very close to the installation date, the exchange is then marked as fttc temporarily unavailable and my order is cancelled. Then within 2-3 days i get a phone call to say fibre is available and place an order. Ive tried to get to the bottom of this several times, but no-one at BT, EE, talk-talk etc is actually able to pin-point the issue.

Has anyone experienced this, and what is likely to be the problem?
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Mar-15 15:33:01
Print Post

Re: Buckshaw Village

[re: Bgaz] [link to this post]

Your cabinet looks to serve a lot of lines, so demand could well be high.

When BT install the FTTC cabinet, they don't fully provision it. As take-up increases, they need to add more line cards into the cabinet, and install more copper tie pairs between the PCP and the new FTTC cabinets.

Each time the cabinet fills up, it will become temporarily unavailable until the missing resource gets added.

BUT...

Once your order gets accepted, you are earmarked for one of the available ports, and using available tie-pairs. Those should not be able to be over-booked, so your order should still go ahead.

It suggests something funny is going on here.
Standard User Bgaz
(newbie) Sun 08-Mar-15 11:26:03
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, have you any idea what the funny thing may actually be?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 08-Mar-15 12:33:42
Print Post

[re: Bgaz] [link to this post]

Probably isp took the order but when later submitted to openreach the capacity had gone temporarily

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Mar-15 10:25:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I don't think the availability systems take account of ports that are unused but marked as faulty, so if the DSLAM is down to its last available port and it happens to be faulty, an order could be submitted only to be rejected later
  Print Thread

Jump to