General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 09-Mar-15 16:25:33
Print Post

How long for the DSL Checker to get updated?

[link to this post]

Hello All

Just noticed that the BTOR Where and when page now says Accepting orders for both our landline as well as the full address, I nearly choked on my drink when I saw it display AO (Accepting Orders) on the map, where as before its been saying UR (Under Review) tongue
Sadly however BT's DSL Checker still says no fibre.

So I am just wondering how long until the DSL checker and other ISP's gets updated.

Thanks
Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-Mar-15 16:37:21
Print Post

Re: How long for the DSL Checker to get updated?

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

BT Wholesale add range qualifiers so if you are a long way from the cab it may never show.

Best to double check with a house number and postcode that is very close to the cab.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 09-Mar-15 16:39:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
BT Wholesale add range qualifiers so if you are a long way from the cab it may never show.

Best to double check with a house number and postcode that is very close to the cab.
Its FTTP Andrew.
I think there is a fibre node in an underground chamber on one of our side roads, BTOR was doing work on it near the end of Feb.
So I am gathering all that they would need to do is just blow fibre from there to our manifold in the pit/up the pole and then into our home.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Mon 09-Mar-15 16:56:54)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-Mar-15 17:28:34
Print Post

That final bit of fibre blowing is only done once you order, give it a few more days and if the checker has not updated get back to us on email and include property details and will use a bit of pester power.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 09-Mar-15 17:35:19
Print Post

That final bit of fibre blowing is only done once you order,
I thought that the last bit would be blown when its ordered, makes sense.
give it a few more days and if the checker has not updated get back to us on email and include property details and will use a bit of pester power.
Will do.

Thanks
Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 10-Mar-15 17:17:26
Print Post

Oh well, seems it was an error on BTOR Site frown

Paul
Standard User fenlandbroadband
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Mar-15 19:15:02
Print Post

Wholesale checker and the Where & When page both updated on the same day (overnight/early morning) that the cabinet went live for me, and was then confirmed as "live" almost a week later by the local BDUK website with the date of when the checkers first showed FTTC availability.

All ISP's I tried were showing FTTC the same morning.

Jump to