General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bald_Eagle1
(experienced) Mon 09-Mar-15 21:36:06
Print Post

HG612 Modem Stats v 5.0 Full Release for Windows users

[link to this post]

As of 9th March 2015, completely updated HG612 Modem Stats programs are available for existing users via the system’s GUI.

The full system is available for new users or existing users wishing to completely refresh everything via the usual download site:-

http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_progr...

If obtaining the zip file from FreewareFiles.com, click the blue “Download Now” button & choose one of the two “Download Locations for: HG612 Modem Stats 5.0” links

If setting the system up from the downloaded zip file, ensure “Expand folders” (or similar terminology) is enabled & unzip the files to the root folder of Drive C:\ for the various folders and files to be created in their default locations.

These default locations (and various default settings) can be changed by users if desired.

What’s new in Release 5.0 March 2015
=====================================

=========================================================================================
NOTE:-
Version 4.0 was never fully released as only various beta versions
were released for testing purposes
=========================================================================================

* Appears to work O.K. with Windows 10

* Added support for connections where G.INP has been enabled
The programs will operate as per usual until such time G.INP is enabled by BT OPenreach
(on a phased basis starting February 2015)

As soon as G.INP has been enabled, the v 5 programs will detect & store the
new/changed/additional data & generate individual graphs & montages of them accordingly

This has been tested on HG612 modems only at this stage, due to the lack of any data
from Billion and ZyXel modems (& any others that operate in a similar manner)

* Added MydslWebStats web based support
Once registered via the GUI link, users can now view their most important stats online
from anywhere in the world

* Various programming reliability improvements

* Increased event/error data stored in log files (optional)

Storage of this extensive program troubleshooting data is switched ON by default

However, as the log files rapidly become huge,the options to store extensive
error/event data can be switched OFF via the GUI & switched on again if there
is ever a need to debug suspected program errors

* LOS, LOF & LOM data now recorded & plotted in FULL__MONTY & individual ongoing graphs

* Various improvements to the graphing displays, now also showing average error counts
per minute, per hour, per day & total error counts for the graphed period in some of
the graph title bars
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Thu 12-Mar-15 09:43:16
Print Post

Re: HG612 Modem Stats v 5.0 Full Release for Windows users

[re: Bald_Eagle1] [link to this post]

Just tried the link and got a FreewareFiles message 'File or Page Not Found'.
Searching (here, FreewareFiles, Google, Kitz) did not help me find it.
Can you give me a pointer, please?

My old version stopped working a couple of days ago with a firmware upgrade ('Bearer:' line details changed, maybe other differences too?)

Thanks, Stephen

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.
(experienced) Thu 12-Mar-15 17:13:16
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

Oh Dear.

The link was working last night.

Ronski manages the FrewareFiles.com stuff, so I'll let him know about this problem.

If you are now seeing Bearer 1 details along with the usual Bearer 0 details, it does suggest that G.INP has been applied on your connection.

You can use the update facility within the HG612 Modem Stats GUI, but depending how old your previous version was/is, you may have to do it twice (one time to update the GUI itself & the other to update the actual programs).

I think that older versions of HG612 Modem Stats will still allow you to manually generate the snapshot graphs in the meantime.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Mar-15 18:47:50
Print Post

We made a minor update to one of the programs last night, which meant re-submitting the program to Freeware files. Once this is done the program is not available until it's checked by Freeware Files.

I've had no emails from them and it's never taken this long before, so I can only suspect there has been some glitch in the system, so I've resubmitted the updated programs.

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Tue 17-Mar-15 21:26:29
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

I had been busy, but just tried again and found the new version is available again.
Thank you both for all your work in creating this and especially in keeping this working.

--
Recently moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Very happy so far.
(experienced) Sun 29-Mar-15 10:32:31
Print Post

Just a quick note to inform you that some of the HG612 Modem Stats programs have been recently updated.

There are a couple of changes to which graphs are included in the Ongoing montages for G.INP active connections & how some of them display the data.

The other noticeable update is a bug fix for Billion & ZyXel modems on G.INP active connections, where some of the programs ceased working with those modems as soon as G.INP became active.

The various programs can be updated via the GUI's update system for now & the updates will also be included in the full FreewareFiles.com compressed download file in due course.
Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Wed 08-Apr-15 06:24:37
Print Post

Once I have it all setup and running using the GUI part from Ronski should schedule tasks part of the program Auto Run when Windows starts and upload to MyDSLWebStats without further intervention from me or do I just need to add a shortcut to the GUI to my Startup folder?
(experienced) Wed 08-Apr-15 06:43:40
Print Post

[re: D_an_W] [link to this post]

Once it is set up & running, having the GUI open is optional therefore no shortcuts are needed, even following a PC reboot.

The every minute scheduled task & any graphing schedules should continue running automatically.

It is still worth running the GUI now and then though, in order to automatically allow program updates as & when they are released.

You could add a shortcut to the Startup folder if you want the GUI to always be open following a PC reboot.
  Print Thread

Jump to