General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kebabselector
(regular) Tue 10-Mar-15 11:38:17
Print Post

Openreach Where and When checker playing up again?

[link to this post]

Just wondering if it's just me, but apparently my cab is accepting orders (despite it not been upgraded) - it's not the first time this has happened with the website.

Current on Zen, getting around 5mb down - .8mb up
Exchange is Fibre enabled, Cab not economically viable to upgrade - though 'Under Review'
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 10-Mar-15 11:41:21
Print Post

Re: Openreach Where and When checker playing up again?

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

General advice is rely on the BT Wholesale checker which seems to be more stable.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(regular) Tue 10-Mar-15 11:42:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, you have to wonder what is the point of the openreach checker if the information keeps being wrong.

Exchange is Fibre enabled, Cab not economically viable to upgrade - though 'Under Review'

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 10-Mar-15 11:51:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by kebabselector:
Just wondering if it's just me, but apparently my cab is accepting orders (despite it not been upgraded) - it's not the first time this has happened with the website.
Ah, don't say that I was getting rather excited on the fact that it says the same for me for our FTTP install, which matches up with the work BT did a couple of weeks back.

*** Update ***
Just sent Openreach an email asking if there is an error on that page, so I may not hear back until 24 to 48 hours.

Paul.

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 10-Mar-15 12:05:48)

Standard User Gadget
(committed) Tue 10-Mar-15 12:15:53
Print Post

Is it possible that the message that your exchange is accepting orders but your cab is not yet?
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 10-Mar-15 12:26:52
Print Post

[re: Gadget] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gadget:
Is it possible that the message that your exchange is accepting orders but your cab is not yet?
BTOR is displaying the following for me:
Exchange name: Ilford Central

Good news. Your serving cabinet is
enabled for fibre broadband.
Please note, in a minority of
instances that doesn't guarantee
your availability. Contact your
preferred communications
provider for your home or business
to order.
I am guessing its probably saying the same exact message (minus the exchange name) for them.

Granted we are down for FTTP and not FTTC.

Paul
(regular) Tue 10-Mar-15 12:35:51
Print Post

[re: Gadget] [link to this post]

The Exchange has been accepting orders for a while now, the cab should be under review - but I like to check just incase the status has moved to 'planned'

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 10-Mar-15 12:43:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by kebabselector:
The Exchange has been accepting orders for a while now, the cab should be under review - but I like to check just incase the status has moved to 'planned'
Yeah, well I was told a couple of weeks back by BTOR that we will be getting fibre and to check the Where and when page from the end of Feb, and near the end of Feb I saw on roadworks that BT was working on fibre down our side road and putting this along with what BTOR said in the email and what is now on their page, I assumed finally.

Will find out is its an error when it starts saying Under Review again and or when BTOR replies to my email.

Paul
Standard User EddyTheDog
(newbie) Tue 10-Mar-15 12:50:48
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I get the same result when i check, but the BT Wholesale checker says no. Oh well, it would only be a couple weeks earlier than forecast date if it was lol
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 10-Mar-15 12:54:10
Print Post

[re: EddyTheDog] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by EddyTheDog:
I get the same result when i check, but the BT Wholesale checker says no. Oh well, it would only be a couple weeks earlier than forecast date if it was lol
Heh, I was drinking a drink at the time I saw it popup, the drink went everywhere tongue

Been waiting since Oct 2011 when they started our install which halted Dec 2011, so I guess a little while longer shouldn't hurt tongue

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to