General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User alan60
(newbie) Tue 17-Mar-15 13:36:30
Print Post

cab11

[link to this post]

hello guys i'm on the simonswood exchange which has been fttc enabled for some time now but my cabinet is not yet enabled. i know it's cabinet 11 but i'm not sure where about it is in my area. is there a cabinet map available so i know exactly where it is? cheers
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 17-Mar-15 14:34:13
Print Post

Re: cab11

[re: alan60] [link to this post]

Outside The Knowsley Arms, near the war memorial
Standard User alan60
(newbie) Tue 17-Mar-15 16:56:05
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

cheers mate. how did you find it so quickly?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 17-Mar-15 18:08:18
Print Post

He looked out of the window of the pub tongue.

More seriously, Ribble knows nearly everything. But you won't find out how wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 17-Mar-15 18:09:00)

Standard User alan60
(newbie) Fri 20-Mar-15 11:05:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

went to have a look at the cabinet to see if there were any signs of it being enabled soon. couldn't find any stickers or info on the cabinet itself but it seemed to be standing in what looked like newly laid tarmac so I assume the cabinet hasn't been there very long. by the way, I thought all new cabinets were very dark green, this one looked quite a light green compared to some I've seen. there was also no cabinet number so i assume it's the correct one given the info from ribble.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Fri 20-Mar-15 12:02:06
Print Post

I think they only number the PCP Cabinets and not the fibre cabinets, I may be wrong though, but all the fibre cabinets I have seen have not had a number on it.

Paul
Standard User alan60
(newbie) Thu 26-Mar-15 12:38:56
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

well would you beleive it! just checked online with the bt openreach fibre checker and my cabinet is now fibre enabled. must have just happened this week. time now to renegotiate with talktalk a new contract with fibre included. had to wait a while but eventually my cabinet is up and running.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Mar-15 12:46:49
Print Post

Hate to put a downer on it but are you on LLU with TalkTalk? If so, unless they've upgraded their kit in your exchange, you'll have to wait until they do!

My brother is in the same situation here in Tenby.

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet ADSL2+ Unlimited.
Speedtest
Standard User alan60
(newbie) Thu 26-Mar-15 13:31:30
Print Post

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

thanks for that mate. i know i'm on LLU with talktalk so i checked their website to see if fibre was available from one of their packages. put my postcode and telephone number in the check availability box and it looks like fibre is available.and they've upgraded everything. thanks for pointing that out though.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Mar-15 14:10:25
Print Post

Good news - glad they've done your and saved you the hassle!!

-------------------------------------------
PlusNet Unlimited Fibre Extra
Speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to