General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nine
(learned) Tue 24-Mar-15 00:42:45
Print Post

fibre

[link to this post]

hello

i want to upgrade my current sky adsl2 upto 17megs previously be unlimited to a fibre broadband but at mo my line is with bt.

what are my options?

thank u
Standard User gazzyk1ns
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-15 04:56:45
Print Post

Re: fibre

[re: nine] [link to this post]

Background:

Be Unlimited was bought by Sky. Now, Sky still uses the Local Loop Unbundled (LLU) line for its ADSL2+ customers, i.e. no/minimal changes from the "Be" connection which they inherited. However, for fibre, they use a standard Openreach FTTC line.

Best option: Don't worry about any of that, just put your address and postcode into the BT FTTC checker and see what speeds you can expect, and also to check than your line isn't EO (exchange only, i.e. not connected to any cabinets). If you don't understand the info, post it here (but not your actual phone number, wait until a moderator or regular asks for it, if they need it, via PM).

In most cases you'll get quite a simple answer, but as you might have read in other topics on here, there can be complications.

Edited by gazzyk1ns (Tue 24-Mar-15 04:59:06)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 24-Mar-15 15:49:56
Print Post

[re: nine] [link to this post]

I think people need to be aware of this recent thread.

What do you mean by your "options"? I know there are things not covered there, but a lot is.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gazzyk1ns
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-15 16:03:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ah, I didn't see that recent thread, as you predicted.

Edited by gazzyk1ns (Tue 24-Mar-15 16:04:01)

Print Thread

Jump to