General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Chalkyman
(learned) Fri 27-Mar-15 08:58:16
Print Post

Well what a surprise...NOT!!

[link to this post]

Could have put a bet on the date changing again for the cabinets getting enabled in Bannockburn.
Dates have changed 5 or 6 times now.
Last work done by anyone from openreach was October 14 in the street, and date changed from September 14 to March 15.

Now changed to March 16.....OMG!

Rant over, sorry folks
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-15 17:46:58
Print Post

Re: Well what a surprise...NOT!!

[re: Chalkyman] [link to this post]

Maybe they had some issues or perhaps they have put that commercial rollout for cabinet 2 (i.e. last cabinet left to fibre up on your exchange) on hold to work on other commercial rollouts.

We are also in the same boat, we have been waiting for BTOR to complete the work they started back in 2011 (all we need is the fibre blown, we have all the hardware already), which it seems that they are doing something now in our area by the means of removing redundant BT Cables from their underground chambers (had new PCP cabinet to replace our old one), so maybe freeing up space for our fibre, one can only hope.
There is nothing worse that seeing a home several doors down have fibre. shocked

Paul
Standard User priscilla
(regular) Tue 31-Mar-15 11:03:31
Print Post

Re: Well what a surprise...NOT!!

[re: Chalkyman] [link to this post]

Don't give up hope. I'm on the edge of Falkirk and we had 2 years of the constantly moving dates We really thought they had given on our cab because of the issues getting fibre to it. However, a couple of weeks ago, totally out of the blue it showed up as available, installation went without a hitch and we are getting speeds right at the top of the range on the checker. I didn't notice any Openreach activity in the weeks beforehand, so just keep looking.

priscilla

Edited by priscilla (Tue 31-Mar-15 11:05:15)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to