General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 27-Mar-15 10:42:20
Print Post

Huawei HG612 Firmware

[link to this post]

Can anyone point me to an image file for the latest HG612 firmware?

Have been running an ECI at 72 Mbps with 8ms latency. Then two weeks back there was an overnight reset and I believe an upgrade to the cabinet with G.inp and my line dropped to 65Mbps and 15ms latency.

I have just installed an HG612 with SP10 and that makes it even worse - 60Mbps and 25ms latency!

I would like to see if a latest (2015) version restores te line to the nice stable 72Mbps.

edit to add:

Reverting to the ECI has brought back the 65+ Mbps and 15ms latency.

And my cabinet is Huawei.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Fri 27-Mar-15 10:58:04)

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Mar-15 11:05:14
Print Post

Re: Huawei HG612 Firmware

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

This thread recommends SP08 - http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,15154.0.html
Standard User rippedcotton
(experienced) Fri 27-Mar-15 12:37:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by MHC:
Can anyone point me to an image file for the latest HG612 firmware?

Have been running an ECI at 72 Mbps with 8ms latency. Then two weeks back there was an overnight reset and I believe an upgrade to the cabinet with G.inp and my line dropped to 65Mbps and 15ms latency.

I have just installed an HG612 with SP10 and that makes it even worse - 60Mbps and 25ms latency!

I would like to see if a latest (2015) version restores te line to the nice stable 72Mbps.

edit to add:

Reverting to the ECI has brought back the 65+ Mbps and 15ms latency.

And my cabinet is Huawei.

I believe that the ECI modem should download a G.Inp friendly firmware upgrade if you can persuade your ISP to get your DLM reset.

--

Brian

Zen Fibre 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-15 12:43:11
Print Post

The one linked by spud is the one you want.

Did you have full line stats before the overnight reset or not?, Your line could of been effected by crosstalk way before the reset but until the line went down you wouldn't of known before it happened.

Take my example for instance

My line was synced at 34meg but then someone else had a line installed and it caused crosstalk on my line and the SNR margin on mine dropped from the usual 6 down to 5, (this in turn caused the attainable to drop down to 31meg) It stayed at 34meg with a 31 attainable for a few months until an overnight resysnc caused it to drop down to 31meg as predicted by the attainable as it always recconects at around 6 SNR.

I wouldn't of known this unless I had the full stats available to me and it would of just looked like the issue was the overnight resync where as this was not the case.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Fri 27-Mar-15 13:06:40
Print Post

I'm using the webgui one that can be found at this link....

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
Hi was just in process of replying...

https://mega.co.nz/#F!LdJFDIJL!e_E1twsIg2kTet8mPjrb4w

You can find it at the link above, you have 3 options..

Original = Locked
Unlocked = Unlocked (No access to web gui but can be read via telnet)
Web Gui = Unlocked with Full access to Web Gui & Telnet

Install process is same as original unlocking

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 27-Mar-15 15:13:57
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Thanks, that is the link I need

M H C

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 27-Mar-15 15:15:59
Print Post

[re: IranianGiraffe] [link to this post]

No line stats - an ECI modem. In use because it give a higher speed. When I had an HG612 in place there were no issues apparent with low error counts. Had a new user caused the problem I would have expected the reset to occur during the day soon after connection.

M H C

Standard User IranianGiraffe
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-15 22:22:43
Print Post

Personally I've found my line just loses SNR margin and so Attainable most of the time whenever I have a new user effecting my line, Only a few times has my line dropped due to a new user and even then one of them was because the engineer knocked my line (I'm first connection in cab) and it ended up with a very loose connection and a engineer had to be called out to fix the issue (my cabinet has the old style connectors and is generally falling apart and as such I can tell when the cabinet is opened up as the SNR margin shoots up).

Hopefully yours will go back to the previous speed then with a firmware upgrade but I know that if it was my line then 90% of the time I can kiss goodbye to that speed. (had 54 when I first had fibre now 15months down the line I'm down to 31 due to crosstalk)

Luckily for me my unlocked HG612 syncs higher than my ECI modem to the ECI cabinet and as such I can see my stats very easily (ECI modem is too much of a pain to mod for me to see the stats)

Good luck anyway
Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Sat 28-Mar-15 07:38:22
Print Post

I have pretty much an identical situation to you, around 2am on 17th March my connection slowed from the 79999 / 20000 I was enjoying to around 85000 (90 metres from CAB).

When we first moved here I also noticed slightly faster speeds from the ECI modem so stuck with it but I might have to revert back to my HG612 so I can see whats going on (and also update it to B030SP08 if I don't have it yet).
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Mar-15 10:26:16
Print Post

[re: rippedcotton] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rippedcotton:
I believe that the ECI modem should download a G.Inp friendly firmware upgrade if you can persuade your ISP to get your DLM reset.

I believe that the only reason to use a DLM reset is if an old ECI modem (without the required firmware) gets plugged into a line where G.INP is already configured; in such circumstances, the ECI will say it is in sync, but it won't be. The DLM reset allows the modem to sync, and the working line then allows the new firmware to happen automatically.

However, where the ECI modem was already plugged in, it is likely that it will already have been upgraded to the required firmware in a natural way.

Conclusion: If the ECI modem can achieve a proper sync, then a DLM reset is not necessary.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to