General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Mar-15 15:34:21
Print Post

Huawei & ECI

[link to this post]

Tomorrow is the last day of rolled out G.INP for all the remaining Huawei cabinets.

From 2nd April the rest of ECI cabinets are start to roll out G.INP and should completed by end of June.
Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Tue 31-Mar-15 19:47:26
Print Post

Re: Huawei & ECI

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Without replacing my ECI modem with my HG612 is there a way to tell what cabinet mine is?

I seem to remember it is a Huawei but when the line was installed the new ECI modem I was given gave slightly better speeds than my HG612 (On SP10 at the time but now flashed with SP08).
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Tue 31-Mar-15 20:37:42
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Tomorrow is the last day of rolled out G.INP for all the remaining Huawei cabinets.

From 2nd April the rest of ECI cabinets are start to roll out G.INP and should completed by end of June.

Thanks for the headsup, I'm monitoring my HG612 so I should see it change to G.INP shortly, fingers crossed laugh

Do you know how many cabinets they do a day? I'm guessing it's a simple config change for each cabinet, or maybe they do them all in batches in one area.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chris6273
(committed) Tue 31-Mar-15 23:24:35
Print Post

[re: D_an_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by D_an_W:
Without replacing my ECI modem with my HG612 is there a way to tell what cabinet mine is?

I seem to remember it is a Huawei but when the line was installed the new ECI modem I was given gave slightly better speeds than my HG612 (On SP10 at the time but now flashed with SP08).

Do you know what it looks like?

If you find the closest one to your house there's a chance you could be connected to it.

Which one from here: http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/street_cabinets_etc.html ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
A.K.A: Chrisszzyy

Telewest (2004-2006): 256Kbps -> 512Kbps
University of Portsmouth's Horrible Network (2013 - 2014) - Supposedly 100/100Mbps
BT (2006 - Present): 8128/448 -> 22494/1211 -> 79987/20000Kbps (BT Infinity 2 on Huawei Cab)
Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Wed 01-Apr-15 00:14:22
Print Post

[re: chris6273] [link to this post]

Thanks, pretty sure it's one of these. It's only 90m away but the weather is rubbish atm so will try and get a picture in the morning smile

http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/bt_furniture_2.html

Edited by D_an_W (Wed 01-Apr-15 00:15:11)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 01-Apr-15 00:16:46
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

If you are on a "BT" line, not an LLU one, then this checker will tell you your PCP (phone cabinet) number on the line above the estimates table. You should be able to find it, as they generally have their number on them.

The FTC cabinet will be at most 100 metres away, (though 80 metres is also ringing a bell), and almost certainly within 50 cable metres.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User D_an_W
(committed) Wed 01-Apr-15 00:28:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's cabinet 65 and I might go for FTTP instead as it's available wink

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Apr-15 00:41:27
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dave2150:
Do you know how many cabinets they do a day? I'm guessing it's a simple config change for each cabinet, or maybe they do them all in batches in one area.

BT reported 45,000 lines per day; I reckon that means between 600 and 1,000 cabinets per day.

However, upgrade of the cabinet does not necessarily mean the line profile changes immediately.

It was 24 days between my cabinet upgrade (visible as a 10 minute outage overnight on a BQM) and my line profile changing. Not once, either before the cab upgrade or afterwards, did my line hit any of the old thresholds that would trigger DLM, so the change in line profile was a surprise.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 01-Apr-15 00:48:55
Print Post

You would need very deep pockets for FTTPoD. A few weeks ago openreach stopped accepting orders for it anyway - probably in order to concentrate their resources on the BDUK rollout that I think has penalty clauses for overruns.

See the dark blue part of this price list. Bear in mind those are ex vat, and are the prices charged to CPs such as BT Wholesale. Both they and the retail ISPs would add a margin and then Vat on the total.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 01-Apr-15 01:09:06)

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Apr-15 00:57:41
Print Post

Cab 65 on what exchange?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to