General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User k1elec
(newbie) Tue 07-Apr-15 00:06:16
Print Post

FTTP Llandudno

[link to this post]

Hi Don't know if anyone has any information with regards to FTTP in Llandudno

exchange WNLDD intrested in post code LL30 1HB (Ffordd Penrhyn) EO line

I have had a look at https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm and it had some conflicting information
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 07-Apr-15 02:15:32
Print Post

Re: FTTP Llandudno

[re: k1elec] [link to this post]

Your EO Line is being moved over to PCP Cabinet 28 anytime now to end of June 2015, that PCP Cabinet is also scheduled for FTTC, not sure of that date.
Exchange Name: Llandudno
Exchange Code: WNLDD

Cabinet: EO LINE -> PCP Cabinet 28
Fibre Phase: BDUK Wales 14a
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange planned 30th June 2015)

Result Count: Test Skipped

*** Speed Test Skipped ***

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
As for FTTP, I don't think that exchange has been upgrade for FTTP, it only seems to support FTTC as far as I can see.

Paul
Standard User k1elec
(newbie) Tue 07-Apr-15 18:03:21
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Your EO Line is being moved over to PCP Cabinet 28 anytime now to end of June 2015, that PCP Cabinet is also scheduled for FTTC, not sure of that date.
Exchange Name: Llandudno
Exchange Code: WNLDD

Cabinet: EO LINE -> PCP Cabinet 28
Fibre Phase: BDUK Wales 14a
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange planned 30th June 2015)

Result Count: Test Skipped

*** Speed Test Skipped ***

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
As for FTTP, I don't think that exchange has been upgrade for FTTP, it only seems to support FTTC as far as I can see.

Paul

Many thanks for getting back to me was hoping for FTTP as I doubt FTTC will be much of a speed boost to any one on these EO lines as usualy the new PCP is put outside the exchange.

Going by my stats I may get a speed boost as my line reports 10 LOOP ATT but SNR is at 11 (used to be 7 but after a while unable to keep a stable sync so was lifted)
Sync 15000643 down (seems to have dropped slightly from a few weeks ago may be to do with the new PCP)

well FTTP on demand may be an option but can't see it being cheap

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Apr-15 19:32:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by k1elec:
Going by my stats I may get a speed boost as my line reports 10 LOOP ATT but SNR is at 11 (used to be 7 but after a while unable to keep a stable sync so was lifted)
Sync 15000643 down (seems to have dropped slightly from a few weeks ago may be to do with the new PCP)

I'd have thought you'd get okay speeds. The exchange is on Argyll road, opposite the police station so it depends whether the cable follows the slightly tortuous road route or cuts across the edge of Asda. According to Google maps the road route is 0.5 miles (so around 35Mb/s) but if the cable can cut through round the back of Asda it would reduce that a lot and you might be looking at 50Mb/s.

So it sounds like it will at least double your downstream speed, maybe more. Anything in excess of 30Mb/s should be enough for most purposes, even with a family.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Tue 07-Apr-15 19:34:04)

Standard User k1elec
(newbie) Tue 07-Apr-15 21:51:48
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:

I'd have thought you'd get okay speeds. The exchange is on Argyll road, opposite the police station so it depends whether the cable follows the slightly tortuous road route or cuts across the edge of Asda. According to Google maps the road route is 0.5 miles (so around 35Mb/s) but if the cable can cut through round the back of Asda it would reduce that a lot and you might be looking at 50Mb/s.

So it sounds like it will at least double your downstream speed, maybe more. Anything in excess of 30Mb/s should be enough for most purposes, even with a family.

Cable route who knows but I would think it goes the long way round following the main road
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Apr-15 23:13:15
Print Post

Cable route who knows but I would think it goes the long way round following the main road
If I understood your earlier post correctly you're saying you're modem reports 10db attenuation at the moment. That equates to 800m. But I'm not sure what you mean by your sync speed is 15000643 down. Is that supposed to be 15Mb/s? 15Mb/s would be more like 2km of cable. 10db attenuation would normally see you getting 24Mb/s.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User k1elec
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-15 00:13:16
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
If I understood your earlier post correctly you're saying you're modem reports 10db attenuation at the moment. That equates to 800m. But I'm not sure what you mean by your sync speed is 15000643 down. Is that supposed to be 15Mb/s? 15Mb/s would be more like 2km of cable. 10db attenuation would normally see you getting 24Mb/s.

Stats taken from a Draytek 2820 router

ADSL2+(G.992.5)

Up 1019968
Down 15000643
SNR 11
LOOP 10

I believe that the rates are in B/s I also suspect that the copper has some issues on the BT network.

Bit of history on line internal phone wiring is fine I had an original BT engineer install when ADSL first came out 0.5meg service on the old stingray USB modem
Upgrade to 2Meg ADSL
Upgrade to 8Meg ADSL (first router would sync at full speed) on a Draytek 2600
Second router I had would sync just under full speed on a Draytek 2800
At some point I upgraded to a Draytek 2820
Upgrade to ADSL2+ had SNR sync dropped at DSLM and would sync at around 18Meg LLU
6 months later had issues with stability and had SNR reset would sync at around 16Meg

I have also had a bad fault on the line at some point in the past which caused my sync to drop to nearly zero and had major impact on voice calls such as crossed line and line noise which was sorted by changing the pairs on BT network
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Wed 08-Apr-15 09:11:46
Print Post

You have a really high SNR which is causing your low speed. Your line should be able to do 24meg.

10dB attn should get you at least 35mbit or so on FTTC.
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Apr-15 11:26:09
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nemeth782:
You have a really high SNR which is causing your low speed. Your line should be able to do 24meg.

10dB attn should get you at least 35mbit or so on FTTC.
Good spot, I missed that. Getting rusty in reading ADSL stats smile

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Wed 08-Apr-15 11:27:42)

Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Apr-15 12:40:29
Print Post

[re: nemeth782] [link to this post]

10dB attn will get him a hell of a lot higher than that - assuming he chooses the 80mbit package of course wink

-------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra

Edited by WelshWArrior (Wed 08-Apr-15 12:42:30)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to