General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User connormill
(regular) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:14:18
Print Post

Has my line been moved?

[link to this post]

My Exchange, NSDEN, has had FTTC for just under 3 years now but I have never been able to order anything due to having an Exchange Only line *Sad Face*

However, I have just got an email from Sky telling me that Sky Fibre is now available and right enough I have a predicted speed of between 68-80mbps

BT Wholesale checker shows me on Cab 71, where as before it never gave a cabinet number at all. So has my line been moved onto this cab or is it a new built cabinet?

with an estimate speed that high I would assume the cabinet is nearby and no in the exchange as its about 1/2 a mile away.

Does anyone have any details on where Cab 71 on the Aberdeen Denburn exchange is so I can go hunting for it.
Standard User connormill
(regular) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:20:02
Print Post

Re: Has my line been moved?

[re: connormill] [link to this post]

Superfast OR and Digital Scotland sites both quote my speed estimate as 79mbps and both confirm the Cab 71
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:25:42
Print Post

One easy answer, is Yes.
If before it just either said your landline number is connected to X Exchange and that's it or your address is connected to X Exchange and that's it then yes that's an EO Line.

But if its now giving you a cabinet number after your exchange name then you are now connected to a cabinet.

Like for example the following address use to say:
Address 100, STEVENSON COURT, STEVENSON STREET, ABERDEEN, AB25 1GS on Exchange ABERDEEN DENBURN
but now says
Address 100, STEVENSON COURT, STEVENSON STREET, ABERDEEN, AB25 1GS on Exchange ABERDEEN DENBURN is served by Cabinet 71
and seems to be able to get FTTC.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User connormill
(regular) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:28:57
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Cheers Paul!

You wouldn't happen to know where Cab 71 is?
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:33:01
Print Post

Most likely, this is a network rearrangement of exchange only lines onto a newly built cabinet as part of the local BDUK project works.

I don't have any specific information - all I can do is give you the most likely scenario.

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:33:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by connormill:
Cheers Paul!

You wouldn't happen to know where Cab 71 is?
Nah, just took a look on Google maps, but a lot of that area hasn't been visited by them since 2009.
Give me a little while to work out the rough area it could be due to speeds.

Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:43:48
Print Post

Don't think it is at the exchange for this one but close to AB25 1GT

The cabinet at https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@57.148657,-2.109748,3... is cabinet 87, but would be a candidate for standing another cabinet there to serve the EO clusters in the area. Watch out as cabs 50 and 76 are also fairly close if out walking and looking for it.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:51:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well I live in London Sooo I wouldn't be out looking for them tongue

Just trying to narrow the area down to using the speed.

Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-Apr-15 17:57:12
Print Post

Not you, but the original poster. A lat/lng for where the cabinet is, or at worst the location in terms of which street corner would help to correct my estimates which are worst case with cab at exchange for now.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 13-Apr-15 18:00:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I knew what you meant wink

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to