General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bloodkil933
(newbie) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:04:08
Print Post

FTTC Llanrwst Cabinet 1

[link to this post]

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was able to shed any light on details regarding the rollout of FTTC in the Llanrwst exchange area, particularly Cabinet 1?

I have tried Superfast Cymru and Openreach but neither will give me any useful information apart from quoting 'exchange to be done end of June'.

Can provide postcode in Private Mesage if necessary.

Thanks very much!

Edited by bloodkil933 (Tue 21-Apr-15 19:06:21)

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:22:14
Print Post

Re: FTTC Llanrwst Cabinet 1

[re: bloodkil933] [link to this post]

Exchange Name: Llanrwst
Exchange Code: WNLST

Cabinet: 1
Fibre Phase: BDUK Wales 14a
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange planned 31st March 2015)
Result Count: Test Skipped

*** Speed Checks Skipped ***

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
Currently it seems that your exchange has yet to be upgraded even though it says end of March 2015, also seems that your down for FTTC, no date set for this as far as I can see.

I can see some schedules for BT to do with laying fibre:
Description: Access req'd into UG network to install new fibre cable...

Location: Access req'd PONT DOLGARROG B5106 GWYDYR ROAD TO WELLS SPA LL32 8JG...
Description: Access req'd into UG network to install new fibre cable...

Location: Access req'd PONT DOLGARROG B5106 GWYDYR ROAD TO TAL Y BONT LL32 8JG...
Description: Access required into UG network...

Location: access req'd B5106 Conway Rd to Tal Y Bont LL32 8JU...
Description: Access req'd into UG network To install new fibre cable...

Description: Access req'd into UG network to install new Fibre network...
Not too sure if that's close to you.

Paul
Standard User FredTheB
(member) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:27:33
Print Post

According to my sources, Your cab is planned for FTTC. It is on Phase 14a BDUK Wales. I cant see any works on roadworks.org for installation of any Cabinets. I would believe that it shall be completed by March 2016

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:28:03
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, that cabling is going from Dolgarrog to Trefriw (where Cab 1 is located) according to that.

Recently a lot of a work has gone on along where the ducting is because of flood protection, could they be rerouting the to-be fiber cabinet to a different exchange because of access, or probably just fiber for Llanrwst exchange just happens to come this way?

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:30:47
Print Post

Fibre backhaul from cabinets often goes to the larger exchange in the area

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Tue 21-Apr-15 19:35:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ok, Llanrwst is currently the only 21CN exchange in the area, doesn't this mean the exchange is already fiber enabed or am I getting confused?
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Apr-15 08:53:37
Print Post

Llanrwst is the handover point / head end for several exchanges including Dolgarrog, so all the fibre cabinets in Dolgarrog and Llanwrst and any FTTP will goto Llanwrst where the Communication Providers (eg BT wholesale, Sky, talk talk) can then connect to network and offer FTTx services
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Wed 22-Apr-15 09:10:35
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FredTheB:
According to my sources, Your cab is planned for FTTC. It is on Phase 14a BDUK Wales. I cant see any works on roadworks.org for installation of any Cabinets. I would believe that it shall be completed by March 2016

Is there anywhere that shows when the Phases are due to go ahead?

My exchange is in Phase 14a, and due to be ready in June 2015, (was March 2015, Dec '14, Sept '14, etc).

My line which is EO, is supposedly going to a new cab P3, and the link below shows that the exchange has been ready since March last year, which is certainly isn't
https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=9...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 22-Apr-15 09:41:20
Print Post

[re: mrijones] [link to this post]

The phases are just announcement based, the phase number confers no specific time window for delivery. There are general guides from each phase but you CANNOT rely on that rough estimate.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrijones
(newbie) Wed 22-Apr-15 09:44:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The phases are just announcement based, the phase number confers no specific time window for delivery. There are general guides from each phase but you CANNOT rely on that rough estimate.

ok, the due dates that i posted are the ones that Superfast Cymru have said that it'll be ready by, still no sign of any work in the area. Every other exchange nearby has had some work done except Talybont and still no plans on roadworks.org.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to