General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BrummyGit
(newbie) Wed 22-Apr-15 11:46:44
Print Post

Exchange Only lines in Codsall Exchange

[link to this post]

Hi

I've just moved home to Codsall, Staffs which is served by CMCOD exchange and I expected to get FTTC as the area is largely enabled. Unfortunately I live in a house served by an Exchange Only line about 350m from the exchange.

Our local Superfast Staffs website lists us as due by June 2015, but I have poor experience of their dates as they listed my old home as Dec 2014 and it hadn't been delivered when I moved this April.

It looks from exploring the web and https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm that an additional cabinet P15 is being installed to serve the 73% of homes in my postcode which are EO.

Is there any way to get some better information on progress and likely availability of FTTC for my home - the Open Reach checker just has a "?" for our home? I'm very keen to get a faster service as I work from home and our company is moving very quickly to VOIP and other internet based services which don't work well on usual ADSL speeds.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 22-Apr-15 12:13:38
Print Post

Re: Exchange Only lines in Codsall Exchange

[re: BrummyGit] [link to this post]

Unless Staffs are willing to expand on the detail you have found then its guess work and keeping an eye out for

Decent sized exchange https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Codsall,+Wolverh... and lots of room for the cabinet which will be in the car park or on the verge when cab 15 is finally stood (who knows it might already be there, StreetView is never up to date)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BrummyGit
(newbie) Fri 24-Apr-15 23:40:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, I've managed to track down the new cabinet about a third of the way from the exchange to my home on a major crossroads.

There has been lots of BT activity there recently so I guess my only option now is to wait for some announcements.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Sat 25-Apr-15 09:58:21
Print Post

After doing some digging I can see that the EO Lines with post codes that start with WV6 6** that are down to be moved over to cabinet 15 are not currently in BTOR's database nor in the BTW database, my guesses are they are in the middle of being moved over to cabinet 15.

EO Lines with Post Codes starting with WV8 1** that are also down to be moved over to cabinet 15 are still yet to be moved.

What's your post code if you don't mind me asking?

Paul
Standard User BrummyGit
(newbie) Sun 26-Apr-15 00:22:13
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hi Paul

My postcode is WV8 1PG.

Thanks for responding.

Steve
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Sun 26-Apr-15 12:04:16
Print Post

Ok, I have found out the following:
Exchange Name: Codsall
Exchange Code: CMCOD
County: Staffordshire

Cabinet: 9
Fibre Phase: Phase 10a 2013
Fibre Information: FTTC Available from 28th May 2014
Result Count: 7 (13% of Post Code)

Cabinet: 14
Fibre Phase: Phase 10a 2013
Fibre Information: FTTC Available from 4th March 2014
Result Count: 8 (14% of Post Code)

Cabinet: EO -> 15
Fibre Phase: BDUK Staffordshire 13b
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned (exchange ready 21st June 2010)
Fibre Description: Remaining EO Lines for postcode WV8 1PG are scheduled to be moved over to PCP 15
Fibre Description: This is expected to be done and ready by end of June 2015 according to the superfaststaffordshire site.
Result Count: 40 (73% of Post Code)

[WV8 1PG]
Has 8 result(s) connected to Cabinet 14 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
Range A: 76.9 -> 80.0 (downstream) 20.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B: 57.8 -> 80.0 (downstream) 5.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Availability Date: Available

Has 7 result(s) connected to Cabinet 9 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
Range A: 74.0 -> 80.0 (downstream) 20.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B: 61.9 -> 80.0 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Availability Date: Available

Has 40 result(s) connected to an EO (Exchange Only) line with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 17.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 10.0 to 19.5 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 17.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 10.0 to 19.5 (downstream range)
Availability Date: ~30 June 2015

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
So according to the superfaststaffordshire site your postcode is expected delivery by June 2015 so not long.

Your postcode is split over 2 cabinets (9 and 14 which was upgraded to fibre May and March 2014 via the commercial rollout) and some EO Lines, the good news is that the EO Lines for your postcode seem to be down to be moved over to cabinet 15 and down to be upgraded to fibre by the end of June 2015 so it says on the superfaststaffordshire site.

So going by where you haven't got fibre yet, I am assuming your one of the EO lines.
So I guess not long now then, please be aware that issues can pop up and delay things.

Paul
Standard User BrummyGit
(learned) Sun 26-Apr-15 23:28:47
Print Post

Brilliant, thanks for your help.

Steve
Standard User marcusjclifford
(committed) Mon 27-Apr-15 12:26:19
Print Post

PaulKirby - where do you get that information from?

I would be interested in looking up that information for a number of postcodes.

Thanks in advance.

Aquiss Home 30
On Exchange ESSTC - via edinbugh-ipsc
Speedtouch 585v6 on BT Filtered Faceplate
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:48:36
Print Post

[re: marcusjclifford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by marcusjclifford:
PaulKirby - where do you get that information from?

I would be interested in looking up that information for a number of postcodes.

Thanks in advance.
Here and there, some places have been posted on here, I data mine information from different places to produce the info that I post.

If your wondering about exchange St Cyrus (ESSTC) it doesn't seem to of been upgraded yet and is seems its scheduled to be upgraded by around end of June 2015.

Cabinet 1 is scheduled/planned for FTTC, I have no information of when that will be done, but its down to be a part of the "BDUK Scot Government" phase 14b rollout.

That exchange has loads of EO Lines, not too sure if they will be put in a newer cabinet, but I think by the size of your exchange my guesses would be to have them moved over to cabinet 1.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to