General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User willfish
(newbie) Thu 23-Apr-15 19:15:50
Print Post

Exchange LANGTREE (WWLTRE)

[link to this post]

The fibre cabinets around the corner from the exchange appear to have been installed when will they go live?
Then will the lines served by Cabinet 3 get automatic FTTC availability (it's about 2Km+ from the exchange)?
Or will it have to get it's own upgrade FTTC cabinet?
If so how long would it take?

If I look at http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when my telephone number and post code advises "exploring solutions" frown
If I look at http://www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk/ my postcode advises "Out of Programme" frown

Now checking telephone numbers the other side of the village, they are connected to the same cabinet but come in as "LANGTREE 1 Live By January 2016".

Problem is I believe I'm closer to the cabinet that they are and I'm "out of programme", weird or what? Is this what often happens or is it some anomaly with how the postcodes are set up or "Openreach's" poor record keeping?.

Anyway; congratulations to the residents of Torrington (same dialling code) who have gone live with FTTC, hope the surf's quicker smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 23-Apr-15 19:35:40
Print Post

Re: Exchange LANGTREE (WWLTRE)

[re: willfish] [link to this post]

Given the distance between exchange in Langtree and Cabinet 3, I would expect the new cabs at the exchange to be serving the old EO lines (confusing called cab 1 because that was an unused number), i.e. they are moving the lines from having no cab to going via the new cab 1.

Those premises in and around EX38 8HZ will need to wait for the fibre twin that will be within 100m of cabinet 3, if one is planned.

When the network is being re-arranged like in your area, things can be confusing, but the physics of a VDSL2 connection over a 2km connection never change. So for those on cabinet 3 and close to it, they will be after their own fibre twin.

Great Torrington is a different exchange, or do you mean a different Torrington.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User willfish
(newbie) Fri 24-Apr-15 17:00:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the information.

I understand now, so a rather large cabinet round the corner from the exchange is for the "exchange-only" lines to migrate to; then if there is the demand/finances the outlying connected rural cabinets are "upgraded / twinned".

So it looks like I'm going to have to wait for the "Fibre-twin" to appear by Langtree cabinet 3 then the next wait for it to be connected to the fibre backbone etc.

By the way I meant Great Torrington, which is the same dialling code (01805) they have gone live (well a large proportion have) I understand. smile good for them, I'm now can't wait for upgrade closer to home.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 24-Apr-15 17:04:40
Print Post

More often its the existing cabinet areas done before the exchange only lines, but the pattern does vary

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 08-May-15 17:30:03
Print Post

• Exchange Name: Langtree
  • Exchange Code: WWLTRE
  • County: Devon
  • Cabinet: EO
    • FTTP: 0
    • FTTC: 0
    • ADSLx: 384
    • None: 5

• Cabinet: 1 - is set to go live By January 2016
    • ADSLx: 1
    • None: 0

• Cabinet: 3 - Unknown Date
    • ADSLx: 172
    • None: 0

The following EO Line postcodes are due to move over to cabinet 1:
EX38 8JX, EX38 8NX, EX21 5RF, EX38 8RS, EX38 8RH, EX38 8PW,
EX38 8PZ, EX38 8PA, EX38 8PB, EX38 8PF, EX21 5RQ, EX21 5RJ,
EX38 8NB, EX38 8NJ, EX38 8NH, EX38 8NN, EX38 8NL, EX38 8NQ,
EX38 8NP, EX38 8NZ, EX38 8NG, EX38 8NF, EX38 8NE, EX38 8ND,
EX38 8NS, EX38 8NR, EX38 8NU, EX38 8NT, EX38 8NY, EX38 8NW,
EX38 8LE, EX38 8LD, EX38 8LG, EX38 8LF, EX38 8LW, EX38 8LQ,
EX38 8QZ, EX38 8QT, EX38 8QU, EX38 8QP, EX38 8QQ, EX38 8QN,
EX38 8QL, EX38 8QJ, EX38 8QH, EX38 8QF, EX38 8QG, EX38 8QD,
EX38 8QE, EX38 8QB, EX38 8QA, EX20 3ET

The only postcode on cabinet 3 (EX38 8JU) has an estimated date range for a survey on Apr 2016 Sep 2016 so maybe and I mean maybe the other postcodes on cabinet 3 may also get a survey around that same date.

That's all that I could find.

Paul
Standard User willfish
(newbie) Fri 08-May-15 18:49:51
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thank you for the above I'm just going to have to be patient smile
Standard User willfish
(newbie) Fri 10-Jul-15 18:55:38
Print Post

Seems Cabinet 1 has gone live with the phone (voice) lines, is there by any chance an update for both the exchange & Cabinet 3 please?
Standard User willfish
(newbie) Fri 13-May-16 15:21:39
Print Post

Hi,

Finally it seems that cabinet 1 is now live and accepting orders etc (lucky residents near the cabinet).

Cabinet 3 is approx 2km away from the exchange; there doesn't seem to be much movement. I've checked the Connecting Devon & Somerset my postcode says out of scope, but the BT where and when says "exploring ...."

Is there any possiblility of getting an update for cabinet 3 please?
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Fri 13-May-16 16:00:30
Print Post

You'd need to speak to Connecting Devon & Somerset .
Standard User willfish
(newbie) Tue 12-Sep-17 11:09:26
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Hi there, seems patience maybe paying off, (there again I may be celebrating far too early).

The fine gentlemen of Openreach were busy this morning opening the footpath chambers connected to Cabinet 3 and inserting blue pull cord and checking the ducts.

I was advised they were doing the preparatory work for fibre and not for renewing/replacing the copper smile

In rough order of time, if the ducts are clear of obstruction, and the ducts back to where every Openreach have decided for this particular delivery are clear, how long will it be for the fibre to be installed and made available for me to make an order?

Hopefully I won't have to order the very expensive FTTP-OnDemand but the more reasonable "native FTTP"?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to