General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dancrampton
(newbie) Mon 27-Apr-15 13:16:53
Print Post

Cabinet info request - Burtonwood, Warrington

[link to this post]

Hi guys, really hope someone can help as i'm getting frustarated to death now! No one seems to want to take charge!! Apparently we're part of the commercial rollout and connected to cabinet number 24 on the Newton Le Willows, this exchange has recently been upgraded and our area in now enabled, BUT we can't seem to find out when the cabinet will be upgraded.

Can anyone advise?

Kind Regards,

Daniel Crampton
Burtonwood Resident.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:05:13
Print Post

Re: Cabinet info request - Burtonwood, Warrington

[re: dancrampton] [link to this post]

More precisely premises connected via cabinet 30 can order a FTTC based service.

Believe this is the only cabinet out of 33 that is live yet. Cabs 27 and 34 are probably next as part of the BDUK project in the area.

The BDUK projects mean resources are generally concentrated on those since there are contract penalties for not hitting deadlines, so for pure commercial cabinets it is just a waiting game.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:09:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for your reply Andrew, what does that mean to someone who's a little stupid? (LIke me)

Are you saying there are 2 cabinets connected in Burtonwood?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:11:01
Print Post

AH! Ignore that. "Read it properly" Sorry.

I see what you mean now.

The thing that is most annoying is Burtonwood is part of the ERDF money given to Connecting Cheshire as part of the Rural broadband set up.
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:16:23
Print Post

Exchange Name: Newton-Le-Willows
Exchange Code: LVNLW
Exchange Upgraded: August 2013

Cabinet: 24
Fibre Phase: 11a 2013-2014
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned for 30th September 2015
Result Count: Check Skipped

*** Speed Check Skipped ***

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
Well I can see that your exchange was upgraded around the last quarter of 2013.
I can also see cabinet 24 down for FTTC as a commercial rollout and says that its planed for end of September 2015.

Also seems that the rollout hasn't long started and have other cabinets (9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 23, 29 and 31) that are also planned to be completed by end of September 2015.

Please note these are rough dates and my get delayed due to issues that may pop up.

Paul
(newbie) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:20:25
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Wowzers. Whilst thats longer than expected, i really appreciate the information.

Lets hope they can get a push on and stick to the date. (Crosses fingers)

Thanks for your help.

Daniel
Standard User PaulKirby
(committed) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:30:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by dancrampton:
Wowzers. Whilst thats longer than expected, i really appreciate the information.

Lets hope they can get a push on and stick to the date. (Crosses fingers)

Thanks for your help.

Daniel
Well I have been waiting since end of 2011 for our FTTP Commercial install to be completed where parts have been done like all the hardware etc, some have been waiting longer.
I have been told by BT that ours is going to get finished and is still part of the FTTP Commercial Project, just that it "may" take longer, like I have always said even to BT, BDUK rollouts are being favoured over commercial rollouts which isn't fair, but I understand the reasoning behind it.

Like I always say, "Its just a waiting game"

Paul
(newbie) Mon 27-Apr-15 14:42:53
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yeah i appreciate we're all in the same situation, i think the worst thing has been no one taking ownership of it all. Connecting Cheshire say its connecting Merseyside, Connecting Merseyside say its Cheshire and it just carries on like that!

We were "Supposed" to be connected last year due to the EDRF money, but who knows now!

Lets hope September is reasonable!.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Apr-15 16:06:59
Print Post

The ERDF money will only be used in areas with market failure, so if a cabinet was deemed viable with commercial money then it will not be done using the ERDF money.

So while the 'area' go the ERDF funding, where it is actually used will be on a much smaller scale.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Mon 27-Apr-15 16:26:09
Print Post

Hi Thanks for your reply, not sure what you mean by "Market Failure"? (Meant in a polite way) Have you ever been to Burtonwood? There really is nothing commercial about it at all and this type of village is one of the typical villages that this money was funded for.

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The ERDF money will only be used in areas with market failure, so if a cabinet was deemed viable with commercial money then it will not be done using the ERDF money.

So while the 'area' go the ERDF funding, where it is actually used will be on a much smaller scale.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to