General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fiddler
(member) Tue 28-Apr-15 16:17:45
Print Post

Llandovery

[link to this post]

I'd be grateful for any info from those in the know as to what's going on in Llandovery w.r.t. fibre.

SuperFast Cymru has this exchange as being in line for fibre rollout in this exchange area due to start June 2015.

So far so good.

I live about 2 miles NE on the A483 from the cab that my phone line is connected to, Cab 2, so never thought that I'd benefit from fibre due to the distance from the cab.

Well, today while driving home I come across some temporary traffic lights and see some contractors with a big drum of black and yellow stripe cable feeding it into a hole in the ground and another contractor pulling it up the next manhole along, only a few hundred metres from where I live.

Now I'd always thought that our line was carried by the poles along the side of the road, but be that as it may, does this mean that there's going to be a new cab appearing closer to where I live or are we, holds breath, going to get FTTP?

Cab 2: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Llandovery,+Carm...

Roadworks: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.015038,-3.767841,3...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rob
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Apr-15 16:38:09
Print Post

Re: Llandovery

[re: fiddler] [link to this post]

It is looking like FTTP is on the plans for cabinet 2 on Llandovery exchange so maybe they have started the work

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fiddler
(member) Tue 28-Apr-15 16:41:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks smile

If I crossed my fingers any harder they'd be broken!

Regards,

Rob

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fiddler
(member) Wed 29-Apr-15 09:26:16
Print Post

Is there any other reason for the contractors to be putting black/yellow trunking in the ground other than for FTTP for properties in the vicinity?

There is another exchange, Cynghordy, a few miles in the other direction so is it possible that this fibre would be used to supply Cynghordy and not us?

Regards,

Rob
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Apr-15 09:48:30
Print Post

[re: fiddler] [link to this post]

Maybe passing through the area to reach another cabinet, would need to study maps to see the probability of that.

Most likely to be for FTTP though.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fiddler
(member) Wed 29-Apr-15 11:45:55
Print Post

Thanks again.

AFAIK, there are no other cabs on the way to Cynghordy.

Regards,

Rob
  Print Thread

Jump to