General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Apr-15 14:07:03
Print Post

BT Database Advice

[link to this post]

My brother's house has pretty low ADSL speeds and has been waiting for fibre. it is a newish estate although he moved in Xmas 2013. When I first contacted BT NGA Enquiries I was told it was to be FTTP and ready for Spring 14. That came and went and then their email address was withdrawn.

Contacted the local BDUK and they said it was in the BDUK plans for FTTC. All was going fine but I have found out today that people close buy are now able to order FTTP and it is no longer included in the BDUK project.

I have done a check on his postcode and the one next to it which gives all the surrounding premises. Out of 30 houses, 5 of them show as only being ADSL, the other 25 all show FTTP availability up to 330Mbps.

I believe the 5 that aren't are the later phase and the BT database hasn't been updated, even after 15 months.

What do I need to tell him to do to get this fixed? Is there an easy way or is it a matter of ringing BT (BT Retail is his current ISP) and trying to convince them that FTTP should be available as it is to all the surrounding houses?

Thanks for any advice.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Apr-15 14:20:24
Print Post

Re: BT Database Advice

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Are the surrounding houses all on the same notional cabinet as the brothers house?

This is not Milton Keynes by any chance?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Apr-15 14:21:39
Print Post

Re: BT Database Advice

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

They are all on the same cabinet. Don't want to say where on public forum as not my house but I will PM you some details - hope that's OK. Not Milton Keynes though.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to