General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Wed 29-Apr-15 18:16:07
Print Post

Fibre hitting me soon?

[link to this post]

I have noticed contractors for BT pushing fibre between Atherstone and Barton in the Beans. On route, the cable passes my exchange in Twycross (new green cab for EO lines), and down the lanes passing by my green street cabinet in Bilstone, past Congerstone and ending in Barton in The Beans. All rural areas. What is BT upto?

Edited by 8skellerns (Wed 29-Apr-15 18:22:00)

Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Wed 29-Apr-15 18:36:53
Print Post

Re: Fibre hitting me soon?

[re: 8skellerns] [link to this post]

Map Link

Edited by 8skellerns (Wed 29-Apr-15 18:37:28)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Apr-15 18:44:09
Print Post

Once outside of Atherstone your drawn route passes cab 4, 5, and finally cab 2 in Bilstone all on Twycross(EMTWCRO) exchange
Cab 4 is in the BDUK Leicester plan

Barton is covered by cab 4 on Market Bosworth(EMMARKB) not on public plans

Of course sometimes plans don't get released before work actually starts.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Wed 29-Apr-15 18:49:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hmm, im on cab 2 in Bilstone, and the fibre passes directly in front of it, yet no fibre cab has been placed. Where is cab 4 on twycross exchange? Any details on cab 2 in Bilstone? How come the fibre runs to barton in the beans if it is on the market bosworth exchange?
Standard User Fastman2
(member) Wed 29-Apr-15 18:57:12
Print Post

cound be a spine route like a motorway passing through and not stopping
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Wed 29-Apr-15 19:04:47
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Sounds like a backbone being installed, running from atherstone to my local villages and terminating where the market bosworth fibre ends in barton in the beans then? Obviously the logic of fibre running and ending where phone lines end from an exchange doesnt apply here! All of the local villages where this fibre runs past are earmarked to be fibred by end of 2016 according to This map using postcode cv13 6nn
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Tue 02-Jun-15 23:00:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have heard back from Openreach, the fibre is the backbone feeding the Twycross exchange from the Exchange in Bagworth. Twycross is to be enabled in the next 18 months. So the fibre runs through the manhole and ducts centimetres in front of my cabinet, yet BT have no plans to fibre that cabinet. Why is this?
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 02-Jun-15 23:44:14
Print Post

Connecting to the fibre spine back to a handover point is just part of the cost of enabling a cabinet for FTTC. Openreach have to pay for the cabinet, the ductwork and plinth, placing the cabinet on the ground, installation of tie cables between the PCP and fibre cabinet, and a power connection to the fibre cabinet.

Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Sat 06-Jun-15 01:04:58
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thats odd, the superfast openreach checker for my line has now changed from FE (Future Exchange) to UR (Under Review) What does this mean? Good or bad?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 06-Jun-15 08:49:59
Print Post

Nothing really, the Openreach checker is just an exercise that confuses people

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to