General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rento
(learned) Fri 01-May-15 11:25:20
Print Post

Modem possibly not delivered on time

[link to this post]

Hello!

At last I am being connected to BT Infinity. 3 weeks wait and then I get an email saying that the modem will arrive on the same day... given my luck, it is possible that the 2 will not come at the same time.

I called BT support and they told me "not to worry" the engineer will have a hub with him which I can keep until the other one arrives and we can then send it back.
This sounds a bit fictitious to me.

On the other hand I already own a VDSL compatible modem (Billion) and I know it works with Infinity.

What are my chances of getting Infinity installed on the day?

Thanks

Edited by rento (Fri 01-May-15 11:26:15)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 01-May-15 11:35:53
Print Post

Re: Modem possibly not delivered on time

[re: rento] [link to this post]

Engineers tend not run around with the retailers routers, but one might have a VDSL modem, though odd to have an engineer attending the home since BT Infinity is usually self-install these days.

The routers do usually arrive early, but should be able to get a Billion up and running if it is a model with built in VDSL2 modem (and not just Ethernet WAN port.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User WelshWArrior
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 01-May-15 12:01:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Seems BT are sending Engineers out again. I know several people to have Infinity installed in the last 3 weeks (SWTB exchange) and ALL of them have had an Engineer install without asking for it.

-------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
My speedtest result

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Fri 01-May-15 12:37:37
Print Post

Openreach have replacement HomeHubs in the van, or at least they did, several engineers came to check for line fault last year and seemed to swap the hub as a matter of routine when they couldn't determine anything properly wrong.
Standard User rento
(learned) Fri 01-May-15 15:18:59
Print Post

It's a Billion BiPAC 880NL, So yes. Yay!!
  Print Thread

Jump to