General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ste211270
(regular) Thu 07-May-15 14:14:34
Print Post

ISP advice

[link to this post]

Hi Guys

I have two Fibre connections one with TT and one with BT so I was thinking of getting rid of one of these lines and going with a new ISP was looking at the likes of AAISP 'Zen so apart from the customer service and support how would I benefit from changing ISP ? . what im looking for is no slow downs better ISP for gaming . the kids do a lot of watching Netflix gaming etc . what do you guys think any advice recommendations
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-May-15 14:24:23
Print Post

Re: ISP advice

[re: ste211270] [link to this post]

You need to check how many GBs per month are used by Netflix, as AAISP could be quite expensive if the kids are using it a lot. Zen do have an unlimited option, but so far as I know AAISP don't. The 1TB per unit middle of the night tariff if it still exists doesn't sound like it would help you).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User ste211270
(regular) Thu 07-May-15 14:36:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

thanks for reply
I say a lot but I don't think I hit 500gb per month . which ISP would you recommend?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-May-15 14:41:31
Print Post

What's wrong with the two you have, and simply dropping one? We need to make sure any recommendation doesn't have the same problem.

Incidentally, what connection speeds are they? (As opposed to advertised product speeds).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User ste211270
(regular) Thu 07-May-15 14:55:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

good question I say that all the time to the kids when there moaning at me it would be cheaper for me if I got rid of kids LOL . Infinity 2 I get 60down 15up Fibre Large I get 74down 18up . both lines are good but in the evening time i do get slow down. pages slow to load lag in xboxlive etc
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-May-15 15:14:26
Print Post

Are both lines in the same building? There's quite a speed difference between the two. If they were on the same cabinet I'd expect them to be very similar.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User ste211270
(regular) Thu 07-May-15 15:19:26
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Hi
yes both same cabinet and building was getting same speed on infinity 2 as Fibre large until BT slowed down crossed-talk and all that rubbish
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-May-15 15:29:56
Print Post

BT has recently rolled out something called G.INP across most, if not all, of its network. This addressess crosstalk issues and improves performance - very considerably in some cases. Not all hardware iis compatible. Yours may not be. If you say what it is, someone may be able to tell you.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User ste211270
(regular) Thu 07-May-15 15:36:26
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

yes have read about that not on my ECI cabinet yet I am using a Zyxel SBG3300-N on my Fibre Large connection and HG612 latest firmware with asus rt-n66u on Infinity 2
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-May-15 15:58:27
Print Post

That sounds weird. Are the lines running totally separately, or have you got some kind of load-balancing setup as well?

Do Ethernet-connected devices slow down when the wireless ones do? I suspect the problem may be the wireless not the connections themselves.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to