General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BreezBl0k
(newbie) Thu 07-May-15 18:06:09
Print Post

FTTC available to all houses apart from 5 (including mine)

[link to this post]

Hi I've been looking at BT's FTTC checker for my postcode S42 5EN and I get this result when I input my number 75:

Exchange name: Holmewood

We're keen to bring Superfast Fibre to your area and are exploring how best to achieve that. We may deliver it as part of our commercial programme, or by working in partnership with your local authority. At the moment you can't order Superfast Fibre.

but if I pick anything like 69 or below I get this:

Exchange name: Holmewood

I have tried speaking to BT orders team on the phone, who then have spoken to someone else in a different department who use a different system than the one available online.
Unfortunately they were unable to help and said it may be down to capacity issues?

I have my service currently with SKY and they and others talk talk etc say the same thing its not available.

Is there anything I can do other than wait and hope?

Thanks
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 07-May-15 18:24:46
Print Post

Re: FTTC available to all houses apart from 5 (including min

[re: BreezBl0k] [link to this post]

Your on an EO (Exchange Only) Line.

For you to get fibre BTOR would need to install two cabinets.
1: PCP Phone Cabinet.
2: A Fibre Cabinet.

These takes longer and costs more, and also depends on how many homes are on that EO Block.

Here is a lookup for your postcode:
Exchange Name: Holmewood
Exchange Code: SLHWD
County: Derbyshire

Cabinet: 5
Fibre Phase: 11a 2013-2014
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned for 30th September 2015
Result Count: 54

EO Line: Block 9
Fibre Phase: Not Available
Fibre Information: Not Available
Result Count: 5

[S42 5EN]
Has 56 result(s) connected to Cabinet 5 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
Range A: 57.9 -> 80.0 (downstream) 18.9 -> 20.0 (upstream)
Range B: 41.3 -> 74.8 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)

Has 5 result(s) connected to an EO (Exchange Only) line with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 2.5 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.0 to 4.0 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 2.5 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.0 to 4.0 (downstream range)

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
Also number 55 is connected to a different exchange (not listed above) i.e. Penistone (SLPN) cabinet 16.

Sadly your one of the 8% of that postcode that are still an EO Line, maybe later on you will be moved over to a PCP Cabinet and then be able to be upgraded to Fibre.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 07-May-15 18:42:57)

Standard User BreezBl0k
(newbie) Fri 08-May-15 12:39:40
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks Paul at least I'm not in the dark as to why now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BreezBl0k
(newbie) Mon 21-Mar-16 18:24:17
Print Post

Hi, just wondered if anyone can give me some hope with an update on this?
There has been a new cab installed next to my house and the last time I've see BT was around January wiring up the cabinet which was installed in August.
I keep looking at the fibre checker website but it still says I'm out of luck frown

Edited by BreezBl0k (Mon 21-Mar-16 18:31:00)

Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Mar-16 19:24:22
Print Post

There will be no change until such time as BT move your line from being an Exchange Only line to one connected to the exchange via the new cabinet. As to when that might happen is anyone's guess. We are in a similar position, we have a new all-in-one cab installed in December to serve our development's 75+ EO lines and are still waiting for the final connections to be made and the new cab tested.
Standard User sor
(regular) Mon 21-Mar-16 20:28:34
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
There will be no change until such time as BT move your line from being an Exchange Only line to one connected to the exchange via the new cabinet. As to when that might happen is anyone's guess. We are in a similar position, we have a new all-in-one cab installed in December to serve our development's 75+ EO lines and are still waiting for the final connections to be made and the new cab tested.

They could also deploy small amounts of FTTP. I've seen this in the nearby town - where the odd pole or two has FTTP equipment despite the presence of FTTC (so I'd assume those poles aren't wired to that cabinet, and in BT's rollout lottery, they decided to FTTP it instead of reroute the copper)

(I doubt it's FTTP on demand, given that the town is pretty poor, and that there were no connections to homes from the top of the manifolds)
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Mar-16 01:59:09
Print Post

It looks like the Derbyshire BDUK project has moved onto the SEP, or phase 2, project, and has included 3 cabinets on the exchange. But it seems your little section of EO lines has not altered.

Probably the best bet is to get onto the Derbyshire BDUK project, point out the 5 properties that remain on EO lines, point out the new cabs in your area (cab 5?), and ask if there are plans to re-route your copper.
  Print Thread

Jump to