Your on an EO (Exchange Only) Line.
For you to get fibre BTOR would need to install two cabinets.
1: PCP Phone Cabinet.
2: A Fibre Cabinet.
These takes longer and costs more, and also depends on how many homes are on that EO Block.
Here is a lookup for your postcode:
Exchange Name: Holmewood
Exchange Code: SLHWD
Fibre Phase: 11a 2013-2014
Fibre Information: FTTC Planned for 30th September 2015
Result Count: 54
EO Line: Block 9
Fibre Phase: Not Available
Fibre Information: Not Available
Result Count: 5
• Has 56 result(s) connected to Cabinet 5 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
• Range A: 57.9 -> 80.0 (downstream) 18.9 -> 20.0 (upstream)
• Range B: 41.3 -> 74.8 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)
• Has 5 result(s) connected to an EO (Exchange Only) line with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
• ADSLx (Worst): Up to 2.5 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.0 to 4.0 (downstream range)
• ADSLx (Best): Up to 2.5 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 1.0 to 4.0 (downstream range)
Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
† Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
Also number 55 is connected to a different exchange (not listed above) i.e. Penistone (SLPN) cabinet 16.
Sadly your one of the 8% of that postcode that are still an EO Line, maybe later on you will be moved over to a PCP Cabinet and then be able to be upgraded to Fibre.
Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 07-May-15 18:42:57)