General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Fri 08-May-15 16:43:34
Print Post

Anyone able to help with Lamberhurst (NDLAM) Cab 3 info?

[link to this post]

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can give me any hope at all that we'll get FTTC/P at any point this year?

Last time you could see a date, OpenReach said it'd be ready end of Dec-14 (after new cab was installed and road dug up to get power to it, I assume). Obviously OR don't give dates anymore frown

I've used CodeLook but am confused by it and not sure exactly what it's telling me:

Fibre: FTTC or FTTP 30th June 2015

Cabinet P2 FTTP Planned Phase BDUK East Sussex 14b
Cabinet P3 FTTC Planned (exchange ready 22nd May 2014) Phase BDUK Kent 13a

So my interpretation of this is that the Exchange is all setup (nearly a year ago) and either C2 OR C3 is going to get something in June. As each cab seems to be run by a different councils scheme it seems impossible to find out which one is going to get fibre.

KCC is totally useless, their "Make Kent Quicker" website is a total joke with no updates at all on what is going on.

Not sure if there are other tools out there that give a little more info, but if anyone has access to one, I'd really appreciate some insider knowledge!

Many thanks,
S
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Fri 08-May-15 16:49:05
Print Post

Re: Anyone able to help with Lamberhurst (NDLAM) Cab 3 info?

[re: SCollins] [link to this post]

PS Just tried to be clever and try the East Sussex website - and that seems worse than kent with just the following:

Phase 7

This is the eSussex view of your status based on your postcode:

Good news, your postcode is provisionally covered by phase 7 of our intervention project. This could mean that work will be completed by end of March 2016, but this is all subject to change.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 08-May-15 18:00:50
Print Post

All information displayed has come from the Kent County Council Site.

Cabinet 2 is being worked on now as far as I can see and should be live in the next few months.
Work has already started in your area and services, available from Call Flow Solutions, should be live in the next few months
Cabinet 3 all I can find is the following:
Given the project size, it is not possible to plan every area at the same time, so some areas will be planned and enabled before others. Your area is planned for Phase 4 and work should start between Oct-14 and Mar-15.
This date seems to have been and gone, so there must of been some issues.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-May-15 18:53:14
Print Post

To understand it you need to realise that the exchange side might (not the might) be all ready but none of the cabinet areas actually live.

Cabinet 2 is falling under the East Sussex project, so they will get sent the bill by BT and Cabinet 3 is falling under Kent.

Cabinet 2 looked set to get FTTP, which takes longer to install, or plans may change and FTTC used depending on the final surveys and cost analysis.

It is entirely possible the road digging was to put some ducting in and nothing to do with power, and unless the Kent project is willing to find out what the delay is then not much more can be done. i.e. its public money and they are meant to provide information.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.096838,0.388036,3a... appears to be cab 3

http://roadworks.org has some works to install a footway box and spline fibre work at the junction of the A21 and Bewlbridge Lane and is in the foot print cab 2 area, my guess being part of the FTTP roll-out towards Kilndown

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User FredTheB
(member) Fri 08-May-15 18:58:37
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

East Sussex website has been useful in some cases. Their Roll out table can be helpful. There post code checker though is rubbish, they haven't updated it in about 4 months and it only tells you about the exchange progress, not the cabinet.

If you want, you can visit my new thread (havent posted anything yet) with news on cabs around the south east. I can include news on Cab 2 & 3 if you want and also you can follow MrSaffron's PDF on live cabinets every week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Sat 09-May-15 15:53:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the extra details gents, appears I'll just have to wait and see what happens then as KCC aren't forthcoming with information at all.

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.096838,0.388036,3a... appears to be cab 3

This is actually Cab 2 - Cab 3 is here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.100068,0.391654,3a... the sister box has gone up at the other end of the fence to the right. FYI this is directly opposite the exchange!

In reply to a post by FredTheB:
If you want, you can visit my new thread (havent posted anything yet) with news on cabs around the south east. I can include news on Cab 2 & 3 if you want and also you can follow MrSaffron's PDF on live cabinets every week.

Thank you that would be great - I'm already checking the weekly live cabinets by MrSaffron just on the off chance I might see some light - but I'm assuming not.

What is really strange about the KCC website is when you do a Postcode check it says the following:

In addition, superfast broadband is already available to some premises in your area from the infrastructure providers listed below. If you are covered by these operators, you will need to contact your ISP to upgrade your service.

BT Openreach

Yet I cannot find anyone in the village that has it!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 09-May-15 16:26:46
Print Post

Doh! on pasting wrong link in.

On the KCC saying its available to some people, well not on that exchange yet. Depends on what they mean by area - I know some have done things like say 'available in area and area means ME1 which will of course cover multiple exchanges, when you entered ME1 1AA

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Sat 09-May-15 18:55:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

At least I don't have to be jealous that others, locally, can get it and I can't! I'm hoping I'll get a good connection when it does come through as I get pretty much the full 8Mbits of the standard ADSL service.

To be honest, download I'm not that fussed about, it's the upload that gets me - I work from home and every time I share my screen my VOIP connection just halts and no one hears me. Not great really.

Thanks for the info once again, at least I know I'm not going mad trying to find something out that just isn't available out there. It's a shame that the June 2015 date doesn't really make it clear if it's the FTTP for Sussex being enabled or the FTTC for Kent - but from your comments about roadworks near Kilndown I assume the former (and they need it more than me, average speed there is 1-2Mbits).
Standard User MilesPortent
(newbie) Tue 16-Jun-15 16:26:38
Print Post

Just an update, they've been clearing ducts at the north end of the village recently, and I believe there is planned duct work towards Bells Yew Green/Frant too so I'm guessing fibre is on it's way into the village at some point.

Cabinet 3 seems to serve the vast majority of premises in the village so it'd be a safe assumption that'll be the first to enabled, I'm on cabinet 2 up near the exchange itself... fingers crossed we see that upgraded soon, it's looking pretty old and sad at the moment!
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Fri 19-Jun-15 16:45:21
Print Post

[re: MilesPortent] [link to this post]

I've noticed some extra vans around recently - but I thought they were more at the South end of the village smile

CodeLook says this currently: "FTTC or FTTP 30th June 2015"

And looking at the other information it suggests that Cab 2 (near the green) is for remote properties which should be getting FTTP as part of the East Sussex BDUK project and Cab 3 (opposite the parish office and exchange) provides connection to the majority of the main village which should get FTTC as part of the KCC BDUK project.

Which Cab is going live in two weeks (if at all), I have no clue. But as you say, there is planned work in July out to the west of the village (so I assume Cab 2) but nothing has come up about work actually within the village yet.

I hope the date is accurate but assume it's not. Will be a shame if FTTP comes first to people further away from the village - but I guess that's just me being a little jealous (on both counts of getting it first and getting FTTP). smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to