General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-May-15 14:21:21
Print Post

Openreach struggling for FTTC capacity?

[link to this post]

We may be a bit of a weird case, however through a couple of sources we note that of the 9 cabinets serving the two estates involved in the campaign here 4 of them have no capacity available, and of those 4 3 have been unavailable for some time.

I suspect we have a perfect storm of bad developer communication meaning the wrong PCPs being used initially, and Hunslet 82 is a weird one on the whole anyway having spent longer unavailable than available, but curious to see if anyone else has noted their or other cabinets being full a lot?

I am unsure about 83, however 43 and 90 require upgrade to the larger size PCP shell, having had new ducts deployed for tie pairs, then tie pairs for the new ducts and cards, and 82 requires a PCP extension shell, tie pairs and card as far as I can tell.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-May-15 21:33:33
Print Post

Re: Openreach struggling for FTTC capacity?

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

A few conversations indicate it isn't as bad elsewhere as here. Maybe 2% of cabinets in service are unavailable.

We seem to just be unlucky, and Hunslet 82 is a very weird one.

At some point, given there are over 380 FTTC connections on it I am hoping BT will update their premises count for the cab from 105, too wink
  Print Thread

Jump to