General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 13-May-15 13:13:33
Print Post

Info on {LNILC}{P24} ATT Ribble

[link to this post]

Hello Ribble

I know you may of looked into this a while back, but thought I would ask for any updates on Cabinet 24 of the Ilford Central (LNILC) Exchange.

We are part of the Commercial FTTP Project according to an email from Executive Level Complaints; BT Consumer.
Your due to be upgraded under a FTTP (Fibre to the Premises project). It is estimated that a large number of customers will benefit from FTTP service in your area.

Iíve highlighted your concerns to our suppliers regarding the delays in providing fibre to the premise, They have advised that FTTP projects can take longer than those cabinets being upgraded under the fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) project.
Always makes me laugh when they call it "our suppliers" LOL.

Still not sure that FTTP would take 3.5 years to complete what they started back then.

BTOR (Fibre Enquiries team, Openreach) said similar and said the following:
We appreciate that this is frustrating, however, we will be bringing fibre into your area so please keep an eye on our website from the end of February for an update
I check twice a day, once in the morning and once at night and and 3 months later it's still saying Under Review, I know BT have been doing loads of work (according to roadworks) with reclaiming redundant cables and replacing loads of pit/chambers etc between our exchange and us.

Sadly due to being down for FTTP its very hard to know what's going on due to nothing will appear on roadworks unless some digging is required etc.

Seems that VM is also fobbing me off saying they have fibre in our area and that they will send an engineer round to survey my road and side roads and that the engineer will also pop round to discuss the ins an outs of the install process, I have been told this 4 times now over the last few months.

I will be phoning VM once again to ask what's happening, but I suspect I will get a load of apologies and that they will send an engineer round to survey our area.

We would prefer to go with BT over VM even though with VM we could of had phone, broadband and TV (4 Tivo Boxes etc) all in one package etc, but BT's down and up speeds sold it for us.

Thanks

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 13-May-15 14:30:53
Print Post

Re: Info on {LNILC}{P24} ATT Ribble

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

*** Start of Bl**dy Rant ***

Well Virgin Media is now out of the question, I have been phoning them every month to find out when they are to install their fibre cabinets down our road and our side roads where back in November last year where we was promised that we was part of the Manor Park Fibre Project and was told our road was still work in progress.

I was then told on the phone that it will be complete in a few months meaning March, now that the cabinets install for Manor Park and East Ham have been and gone and now only " CUSTOMER CONNECTION NEW RESIDENTIAL SUPPLY & CLEAR BLOCKAGES IF FOUND. FOOTWAY WORKS ONLY" are appearing on roadworks.

VM now says sorry they cannot provide a service to our road, NO S**T SHERLOCK, I have been saying that we need cabinets installed since January, but all I get told is "We need to send an engineer round to survey your area" which results in "we are un able to provide any service", so now we are going to be one of several roads unable to get fibre with VM.

*** End of Bl**dy Rant ***

Rant aside, at least we now only have one fibre provider to go with, sadly we have no clue when BT will finish of our install.

Oh the Joy.

Paul
Standard User FredTheB
(member) Wed 13-May-15 17:24:50
Print Post

Feel sorry for you mate! Only getting my fibre cabs being built this week. God knows how long I will have to wait after that! They say september but there are bound to be blockages as two other cabs on the exchange have been pushed back a year because of blackages!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 13-May-15 18:01:44
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Is your a commercial or BDUK Install?

TBH, I think its like what I said many times now, which does make sense from a business point of view, but doesn't make it fair at the same time.
Basically BT are mainly working more on the BDUK contract install than they are with the commercial installs, I know this due to I have seen in some areas while looking up fibre info for people on here, where an area has had no fibre to then have FTTP installed via BDUK and that hardly took any time to install at all, and have seen people that are part of the Commercial FTTP Project still waiting or have waited a couple of years to then get it.

I know I haven't seen any areas in Greater London that's down for FTTP get fibre recently.

So yeah its a priority thing I get that contracts have a deadline date for completion, but if they cannot do those along with the ones that they started (i.e. commercial installs) then they should maybe cut back a little on the bidding for new BDUK contracts, its not that anyone else would bid for them.

The sad thing is that if you ask any BTOR Engineer when they are in the area when the fibre will be installed/completed they all point to the pit or pole and say its already here and that it was done a few years back, but the BT Database along with BTOR's Where and when page say no fibre and that we are Under Review.

I know we shouldn't believe what the engineers say, even BT and BTOR have told me this, but its the engineers that are the ones installing it.

Its like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

As for the dates, didn't Ofcom say that the dates had to be more reasonable instead of an unrealistic date a year or two down the line? or did I imagine it tongue

As for blockages, I know BT has been reclaiming redundant cables and replacing pit/chambers to the standard larger (white sand colour) square ones between us and our exchange.

I hope the above didn't come off as a rant due to it wasn't meant to be. tongue

Paul
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-May-15 19:20:06
Print Post

Openreach has more hands than Vishnu, so the chances of coming across someone in the street who actually knows what's happening is very remote, however it does appear that there is work due to take place for cab 24, in Durham Road at least, but that may just be a start
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 13-May-15 19:45:11
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thanks for getting back Ribble, its been a very frustrating 3.5 years, as you probably already have guessed tongue

In reply to a post by Ribble:
Openreach has more hands than Vishnu, so the chances of coming across someone in the street who actually knows what's happening is very remote
LOL this is true, but a few times I asked them they was working on the black fibre block enclosure (well it was lifted up via a bar rotated on its side and open) in one of the pits/chambers down one of our side roads.

But yeah, I get what your saying.

however it does appear that there is work due to take place for cab 24, in Durham Road at least, but that may just be a start
I know this is a silly question but does it say when its due to start (i.e a rough date), due to that's my road.
We have all the hardware already (the last time I saw in the pit/chamber) and was just waiting for the blowing of the fibre.

It has been like that since end of 2011 when they finished installing the hardware and said the blowing of fibre would start the following week and that was the last we saw of them, I assume they was called off to work on the BDUK work and that they are different teams that install the hardware in the pit/chamber and the actual blowing of fibre, that makes sense.

Paul
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-May-15 20:40:51
Print Post

Sooner rather than later, which may seem vague but I wouldn't like to build up your hopes just yet.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 13-May-15 20:58:29
Print Post

Thanks Ribble

Sooner rather than later, which may seem vague but I wouldn't like to build up your hopes just yet.
LOL, well we have been waiting 3.5 years already and extra few months wouldn't be that bad, hell if 5 months then I will be baking a cake with 4 candles on it tongue

I know there "shouldn't" be any blockages due to BT has been replacing loads of pit/chambers and reclaiming redundant cables freeing up space, so I assume they would be also checking for blockages.

The only thing I can see that might be an issue is the next pole down our road was suppose to get its pit/chamber replaced with a larger standard one last week according to roadworks, but sadly I don't think that happened.

Its just the not knowing tongue

Once again thanks.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 28-May-15 10:06:27
Print Post

however it does appear that there is work due to take place for cab 24, in Durham Road at least, but that may just be a start
Thanks Ribble.
I just got an email this morning from BTOR saying if all being well I should be able to order our FTTP beginning of July smile

I was just worried where the following BT work down my road (I.e. chamber by next pole) was cancelled twice now:
  • Build 1 concrete chamber 915mm x 445mm x 965mm deep in Footway.
  • Build 1 precast jointing chamber (725mm x 225mm) 600mm dep.
Still not sure why though.

So fingers crossed it all goes well smile

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Tue 02-Jun-15 12:38:07
Print Post

Nope that got cancelled as well.

This really sucks frown

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread