General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User burble
(newbie) Thu 14-May-15 00:13:43
Print Post

speed test results in my postcode area

[link to this post]

Have been exchanging emails with my local council 'broadband delivery manager' about the expected speed for my line after the local cabinet was upgraded to FTTC.
She seems to expect I should get 11Mb from FTTC as the BT line checker has recently started showing this, but on entering post code in the checker I get this.

[IMG]http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/phaeton1998...[/IMG]

It seems to show my TalkTalk results, but also someone is getting a max of 6Mb, and I'm guessing they have FTTC and thats the speed I'm likely to get.
Or am I missing something?
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-May-15 00:22:44
Print Post

Re: speed test results in my postcode area

[re: burble] [link to this post]

What does the BT Broadband Availability Checker have to say? You could try your phone number but of that is not recognised use the Address checker NOT the Postcode checker. In the Address checker enter your postcode and then select your address from the dropdown box.
Standard User burble
(newbie) Thu 14-May-15 00:45:47
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

The BT checker says between 6 and 11Mb, me being a pessimist sees this as I will only get 6Mb, the council broadband delivery manager sees thiis as I will get 11Mb.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 14-May-15 09:42:58
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

Even with just 6 Mbps down, on FTTC I would have expected a better upload.

The BT Whitelabel ISP is an odd one as seems to have a variety of uses, so would not rule out a mobile connection.

At those sorts of FTTC speeds you will be at the 2km distance or more from the cabinet, and while 6 Mbps if far from perfect it would allow you to do video streaming at last.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to