I am now up and running after my self-install upgrade to FTTC 2 days ago. I estimate that I am about 1200 metres from the cabinet so I am very happy with speed achieved: around 37Mbps downstream and 7Mbps upstream. I was almost certainly the first connection to the cabinet so it will be interesting to see the effect on speed as take-up increases. Checking the stats with DLSstats software I see that interleaving is enabled and G.INP is not.
The Billion 8800NL router/modem is working very well . Its Broadcom chipset clearly suits the Huawei cabinet. As an aside, and contrary to some reviews, the WiFi range on the Billion 8800NL is as good as the various other brands of ADSL routers I have used (Netgear, TP-Link, Thomson) despite its lack of external aerials.
The BT entry point is inconveniently located in my integral garage so I am running on an internal extension which is about a length of 10 metres from the BT faceplate. Nervousness about doing this seems misplaced if extension wiring is well done. As it was a self install I have not had a new filtered faceplate and I am using the BT-Iplate and microfilter I used for ADSL.
IDNet Fibre Lite
Running on Linux Mint 17