General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Terryphi
(member) Fri 15-May-15 11:40:18
Print Post

Ferryside Exchange

[link to this post]

Ferryside exchange is now fibre enabled and is accepting orders for cabinet 1 which covers the main part of the village. I have placed an order. smile

IDNet Home Max
Running on Linux Mint 17
Standard User Terryphi
(member) Mon 25-May-15 15:37:35
Print Post

Re: Ferryside Exchange

[re: Terryphi] [link to this post]

For anyone who is interested: Cabinet 1 (outside the Ferry Cabin) is a Huawei 288.

IDNet Home Max
Running on Linux Mint 17
Standard User Terryphi
(member) Mon 25-May-15 15:42:03
Print Post

Orders are now being accepted for Ferryside Exchange cabinet 4 which covers the village of Llansaint.

IDNet Home Max
Running on Linux Mint 17

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Terryphi
(member) Sun 31-May-15 10:37:46
Print Post

I am now up and running after my self-install upgrade to FTTC 2 days ago. I estimate that I am about 1200 metres from the cabinet so I am very happy with speed achieved: around 37Mbps downstream and 7Mbps upstream. I was almost certainly the first connection to the cabinet so it will be interesting to see the effect on speed as take-up increases. Checking the stats with DLSstats software I see that interleaving is enabled and G.INP is not.

The Billion 8800NL router/modem is working very well . Its Broadcom chipset clearly suits the Huawei cabinet. As an aside, and contrary to some reviews, the WiFi range on the Billion 8800NL is as good as the various other brands of ADSL routers I have used (Netgear, TP-Link, Thomson) despite its lack of external aerials.

The BT entry point is inconveniently located in my integral garage so I am running on an internal extension which is about a length of 10 metres from the BT faceplate. Nervousness about doing this seems misplaced if extension wiring is well done. As it was a self install I have not had a new filtered faceplate and I am using the BT-Iplate and microfilter I used for ADSL.

IDNet Fibre Lite
Running on Linux Mint 17
  Print Thread

Jump to