General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jamborta
(newbie) Sat 16-May-15 23:33:59
Print Post

EO line to fibre

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Can anyone check if there is any plan to enable fibre on my exchange only line. The postcode is HA9 6DB

Many thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 17-May-15 00:15:03
Print Post

Re: EO line to fibre

[re: jamborta] [link to this post]

Nothing obvious

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 17-May-15 12:36:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by jamborta:
Hi all,

Can anyone check if there is any plan to enable fibre on my exchange only line. The postcode is HA9 6DB

Many thanks
That postcode is not on an EO Line, its connected to cabinet 65, and the DSL Checker says the following for all 48 flats for that postcode:
"Address FLAT #, ELIZABETH HOUSE, 341 HIGH ROAD, WEMBLEY, HA9 6DB on Exchange WEMBLEY is served by Cabinet 65"
Exchange Name: Wembley
Exchange Code: LWWEM

Cabinet: 65
Fibre Phase: Not Available
Fibre Information: Not Available
Result Count: 48

[HA9 6DB]
Has 48 result(s) connected to Cabinet 65 with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
ADSLx (Worst): Up to 7.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 4.5 to 11.0 (downstream range)
ADSLx (Best): Up to 17.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 10.0 to 19.5 (downstream range)

Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
As for fibre I cannot see anything scheduled.

Sorry.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jamborta
(newbie) Sun 17-May-15 13:50:34
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

many thanks for the reply.

That's great news, last time I checked it was a EO line (ie there was no cabinet number in the broadband checker)
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-May-15 14:10:12
Print Post

It would be very interesting to know who is paying for this network rearrangement given there is no BDUK funding in London and BT consider such upgrades to be commercially unviable without considerable third party gap funding. This from someone in a development with 75+ EO lines in SW9 who has had extensive dealings with BT on such questions.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 17-May-15 14:33:08
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

Yeah, all I could see on the other cabinets that did have fibre was all part of the commercial rollout, no BDUK at all.

According to the you know site where most get the info from still say its an EO Line, whereas the DSL Checker says its on cabinet 65 so it must be a recent thing.

As for who funded it, could of been the council or maybe BT has plans to get rig of EO Lines and put in a PCP and if that cabinet is then viable in the second or third phase then only a FTTC cabinet is needed.

Also the 48 EO Lines I stated that was just for 1 postcode, I could of checked the addresses for the entire exchange which would of told me what goes where and who has what, but that would consist of checking 1,203 postcodes, resulting in approx. 18K addresses which would take ages, and I am not prepared to go and do that crazy.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 17-May-15 14:38:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by jamborta:
many thanks for the reply.

That's great news, last time I checked it was a EO line (ie there was no cabinet number in the broadband checker)
Please note this is going by your address, things might be different if you do a check on your phone number.
http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Hopefully it should say the same, only difference should be the speeds, due to dsl checks by phone number is more correct over address and postcode checks.

Paul
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-May-15 14:40:17
Print Post

BT are quoting over £18K inc VAT as the gap funding required to install an all-in-one at the entrance of our development to serve our 75+ lines. I can hardly see Harrow paying out a similar sum for the OPs block of flats, Lambeth laughed at the idea when it was suggested to them. One possible scenario is that the freeholder coughed up the readies due to lack of fast broadband availability adversely affecting rental income/resale values.

Edit. "leaseholder" corrected to "freeholder"

Edited by MCM (Sun 17-May-15 15:28:59)

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 17-May-15 14:50:38
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
BT are quoting over £18K inc VAT as the gap funding required to install an all-in-one at the entrance of our development to serve our 75+ lines. I can hardly see Harrow paying out a similar sum for the OPs block of flats, Lambeth laughed at the idea when it was suggested to them. One possible scenario is that the leaseholder coughed up the readies due to lack of fast broadband availability adversely affecting rental income/resale values..
As far as I can see there is no fibre for cabinet 65 that the OP is now connected to, neither can I see any schedule for fibre either, all that's happened is the EO Lines for that postcode and probably other EO Lines have just been moved over to a PCP Cabinet so I don't think the gap fund refers to that or used on that, but only for superfast broadband upgrades.

Paul
Standard User jamborta
(newbie) Sun 17-May-15 15:24:59
Print Post

Strangely, for the phone number it says "There is no data available for this number", it think they have installed this cabinet very recently, probably haven't updated their system yet.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to