General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User madnutter56
(learned) Sun 17-May-15 15:54:20
Print Post

Third Fibre Cabinets

[link to this post]

I'm pretty sure my local PCP - EMBREAD PCP7 - is getting it's third (!?) Huawei 96 Cabinet.

First was installed Early 2011. Second you can see this thread for reference.

A few weeks ago markings appeared for another cab. FTTC was showing as available so this must be OR planning in advance for more demand. As far as I'm aware there are only ~300 lines on PCP 7, so having 3 96 line cabs must mean 70+% takeup?

Below are the initial markings:

PCP + 1st NGA

1st NGA + 2nd NGA

2nd NGA + Markings

Markings

2nd NGA + Markings + 1st NGA

I though that was that but then it looks like OR have been back in the last couple of days and crossed those markings out, and added new ones! Is it possible they had an objection from someone?

New Markings

New Markings + PCP + 1st NGA

Old Markings

PCP + New Markings

This also raises the questions of what happens with Vectoring. I imagine it just plain won't happen frown

Anyone heard of 3 Fibre Cabinets to one PCP before? Can anyone confirm the 3rd DSLAM installation?

Alex
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 17-May-15 17:18:15
Print Post

Re: Third Fibre Cabinets

[re: madnutter56] [link to this post]

I was going to say the first markings was crossed out.
I was looking at the images and thinking how many sodding cabinets do they want LOL.

My guesses could be All in One cabinets which comprises of both PCP and Fibre all in one cabinet.

Also those fibre cabinets look like the half size ones and maybe they are too small to cater for the area, maybe some EO Lines will route through them resulting in a larger cabinet and maybe a smaller cabinet was cheaper and more viable due to not disturb current FTTC lines.

Paul
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Sun 17-May-15 19:34:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by madnutter56:
I'm pretty sure my local PCP - EMBREAD PCP7 - is getting it's third (!?) Huawei 96 Cabinet.

First was installed Early 2011. Second you can see this thread for reference.

A few weeks ago markings appeared for another cab. FTTC was showing as available so this must be OR planning in advance for more demand. As far as I'm aware there are only ~300 lines on PCP 7, so having 3 96 line cabs must mean 70+% takeup?

Below are the initial markings:

PCP + 1st NGA

1st NGA + 2nd NGA

2nd NGA + Markings

Markings

2nd NGA + Markings + 1st NGA

I though that was that but then it looks like OR have been back in the last couple of days and crossed those markings out, and added new ones! Is it possible they had an objection from someone?

New Markings

New Markings + PCP + 1st NGA

Old Markings

PCP + New Markings

This also raises the questions of what happens with Vectoring. I imagine it just plain won't happen frown

Anyone heard of 3 Fibre Cabinets to one PCP before? Can anyone confirm the 3rd DSLAM installation?

Alex

3 cabinets blush Imagine the levels of crosstalk! I'd imagine vectoring would be a high priority for such an installation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User madnutter56
(learned) Sun 17-May-15 20:22:01
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

The new markings were labelled 'NGA 96' which to me says that it's going to be another Huawei 96 Cab, the same as the two that are already installed?

Not heard of these all-in-one cabs before, but I can't imagine the PCP is short on space, not a huge area it serves!

I'm thinking OR should have installed a 288 from the start and then we wouldn't have any of this 3 cabinet mess...

Alex

Edited by madnutter56 (Sun 17-May-15 20:23:21)

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 17-May-15 20:33:53
Print Post

The new markings were labelled 'NGA 96' which to me says that it's going to be another Huawei 96 Cab, the same as the two that are already installed?

Not heard of these all-in-one cabs before, but I can't imagine the PCP is short on space, not a huge area it serves!

I'm thinking OR should have installed a 288 from the start and then we wouldn't have any of this 3 cabinet mess...

Alex
Yeah, those are the small ones, and the all in one cabinet are new and seem to be used as far as I know on EO Lines that are to get FTTC and to same installing 2 cabinets they install the new all in one instead.

Maybe at that time there might not of been that many on your PCP cabinet, not checked so I don't know, but if BTOR moved some EO Lines into the PCP cabinet then that might of gone over the 96 limit resulting in another cabinet.

Paul
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 17-May-15 20:39:56
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dave2150:
3 cabinets blush Imagine the levels of crosstalk! I'd imagine vectoring would be a high priority for such an installation.

Probably not much different to that on a single 288 channel cabinet and if anything, slightly better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User FredTheB
(member) Sun 17-May-15 22:16:52
Print Post

here is an all-in-one cab. Got one being installed on my exchange this month! They use these as extender cabs or as conversion cabs for EO lines

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-May-15 09:16:28
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

Vectoring when multiple cabinets are present is more difficult, only way it can work if all the same DSLAM and a dedicated fibre link between them JUST for the vectoring data so they can share information when doing the calculations.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-May-15 11:04:44
Print Post

Suspect its been marked up in error
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Mon 18-May-15 12:31:53
Print Post

I think that their might of been some reason's for them installing multiple 96 cabs rather than a 288... maybe the size was being moaned about by locals or council...

I would of though BTOR would of replaced the first 96 with a bigger cabinet...

I suppose there's no room for good ideas in the telecoms industry today.

Plusnet Unlimited 21CN 4200/800 @ 4.2Km > TP-Link TD-W8968v3 - BQM IPv4
Plusnet Fibre Extra 66000/20000 @ 450m > HG612 (Unlocked) > Linksys LRT224 - BQM IPv4
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to