General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sblee
(newbie) Tue 19-May-15 16:36:41
Print Post

Availability checker confusion

[link to this post]

I've just moved house and had the existing line reactivated by BT. The previous occupants had FTTC service, so I figured it would be straightforward for me to get it too, but seemingly not. If I search http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ using my address, it tells me my cabinet is enabled for FTTC, but if I search using the phone number, it gives me the same exchange and cabinet number, but doesn't offer FTTC - as a result, I can't seem to get BT to place an order for Infinity on the line.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it likely to be true, or do I just need to wait for Openreach to update their data?

Thanks!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 19-May-15 16:45:55
Print Post

Re: Availability checker confusion

[re: sblee] [link to this post]

If it is a new number at the address then it will show the correct cabinet but for a few days the line estimates for wherever that number previously went.

So yes, just waiting for an update from a different database. Would I be right in thinking the two sets of ADSLx estimates are different?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 60000/16961kbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User sblee
(newbie) Tue 19-May-15 16:50:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Unfortunately, I don't have a record of the estimates from the old number, and as it's now been ported to Virgin Media by the previous owner, it's no longer in the checker frown

EDIT: Sorry, being thick - the telephone number checker is only offering 'WBC Fixed Rate' at 1Mbps and 'Fixed Rate' at 1Mbps. The address checker offers both of these at the same rate, but also offers ADSL Max, ADSL2+ and FTTC. I'll give it a couple of days and check again...

Edited by sblee (Tue 19-May-15 17:41:18)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 20-May-15 11:44:04
Print Post

[re: sblee] [link to this post]

That seems to be normal for a new line or phone number. My daughter's line had the same 1 Mbps in the checker for a few days after the service went live.
  Print Thread

Jump to