General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User craigbeat2
(newbie) Thu 21-May-15 11:58:18
Print Post

Holywell WNHW exchange cabinet 10

[link to this post]

I'm pretty much at the end of the line for the Holywell exchange. About 3 houses down, they are served from Flint (and already have FTTC).

Our cabinet is still under review, and I'd really like to know if anyone has any other info on this. I'm debating whether to move to another provider in the short term, or wait with EE until fibre is enabled. I don't really want to pay for a new router, if I'll need another one again soon (I'm using really old equipment since my last router died).

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 21-May-15 12:17:01
Print Post

Re: Holywell WNHW exchange cabinet 10

[re: craigbeat2] [link to this post]

All I can currently see is that your covered by BDUK Wales rollout and it still says its down for FTTP and not FTTC, at this stage we cannot assume its going to end up being FTTP because these thing can change.

But lets assume its going to be FTTP, this takes longer to install than FTTC due to they have to make sure they have room in their underground network from the exchange to your pole if you have one.

But by looking at some of the postcodes for cabinet 10 I can see that some are shared between 1 or 2 other cabinets that are all FTTC, so you may get moved to FTTC which is why your still under review, this also adds to delay.

As for a date, sorry I cannot see one.

Paul
Standard User craigbeat2
(newbie) Thu 21-May-15 19:38:38
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, it's a rather long road. Blooming frustrating, believe me. With a bit of jiggery-pokery on my modem side, I can get about 4 - 4.5 meg if I'm lucky, but usually it's only about 3.5.

The exchange has been fibre enabled for a while, so I guess I'll stick it out for a bit and see if there's any movement.

Thanks again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 21-May-15 19:55:24
Print Post

[re: craigbeat2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by craigbeat2:
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, it's a rather long road. Blooming frustrating, believe me. With a bit of jiggery-pokery on my modem side, I can get about 4 - 4.5 meg if I'm lucky, but usually it's only about 3.5.
Yeah we get around 5Mbps when its dry, when it rains heavy or is very windy ours drops to a point where we loose sync, resulting in slower speeds, where after a few days of non rain we have to then call BT to have our SNR reset back to 6.0 which they are very happy to do, so not all bad.

In reply to a post by craigbeat2:
The exchange has been fibre enabled for a while, so I guess I'll stick it out for a bit and see if there's any movement.
Well your exchange was upgraded and was ready for fibre January 1st 2011 same as our exchange, like I said your being upgraded by BDUK Wales, so you will/should be upgrade, just a matter of when it will be upgraded and go live.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to