General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cirithungol
(newbie) Fri 22-May-15 19:00:06
Print Post

Enabled Area -> Under Review...

[link to this post]

I have a feeling I'm in for a crushing disappointment with this, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

My cabinet (St Helens / LVSAI Cabinet 4) has been stuck on 'Enabled Area' for as long as I can remember. The new FTTC cabinet was installed a year ago and then at the end of April the pathway was dug up to install some power duct (according to roadworks.org at the time).

Today it has changed to 'Under Review' on the OR site and DSLChecker now shows no information regarding FTTC at all, whereas before it showed the expected availability date of September 2015. Similarly, the BT Infinity availability checker no longer lists a date either.

Openreach vans have been visiting the cabinets frequently since the roadworks were carried out, so I'd hoped it meant that I'd be signing up fairly soon, but now I'm wondering if I'll ever get Fibre :'(

Is there any way to find out more information about this new delay?

Also, is this review likely to take very long and what could be the cause of it?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh God, now it's changed to a blue question mark when I enter my landline (still Under Review when searching by postcode)

Edited by cirithungol (Fri 22-May-15 19:17:52)

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 22-May-15 19:29:34
Print Post

Re: Enabled Area -> Under Review...

[re: cirithungol] [link to this post]

That last part is a broken BTOR Where and when page and broken BT DSL Checker when you check by phone line, its not long broke.

It says the same for me.

Also BT's DSL Checker will say you are an EO Line too.

As for your cabinet and a due date it still says a due date on the BT DSL Checker like for the following address:
Address 2 OWEN CLOSE, ST HELENS, WA10 3DD on Exchange SAINT HELENS is served by Cabinet 4

It says 30-Sep-15 for me.

Don't use your phone number, use the address check, the phone number check is broken atm.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Fri 22-May-15 19:39:46)

Standard User cirithungol
(newbie) Fri 22-May-15 20:23:37
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hmm, okay you've talked me down off the ledge haha

DSL Checker does indeed still show the availability date when I search by address. I'll guess I'll continue spamming it with my number 50 times per day as usual then to see if they fix it. I think I might actually have a heart attack when it eventually shows FTTC as available.

Edited by cirithungol (Fri 22-May-15 20:24:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 22-May-15 20:30:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by cirithungol:
Hmm, okay you've talked me down off the ledge haha

DSL Checker does indeed still show the availability date when I search by address. I'll guess I'll continue spamming it with my number 50 times per day as usual then to see if they fix it. I think I might actually have a heart attack when it eventually shows FTTC as available.
Well I was re-checking on the Where and when page when it first broke, I was like [censored], then checked the BT DSL Checker and it said we was on an EO Line when we have been for the last 30 odd years LOL.

Then rechecked both sites with full address and that info was correct.
So I say its a database issue.

Paul
Standard User craigloon
(newbie) Sun 24-May-15 22:25:02
Print Post

I'm having a similar issue. Cabinet 2 on the Aberlour (NSABL) exchange. The exchange is enabled but for months our cabinet was showing up as EA, no date for when the cabinet would be enabled.

Then about 2 months ago ago, the power supply was connected to the cabinet (I spoke to the crew who were doing the work.) Last week, a couple of guys turned up and set up tents over the old and new cabinets, which are side by side. I thought, this is it, we're nearly there. They said they would be a couple of days and looked like they were connecting the two cabinets. When I walked past the cabinet yesterday I saw that the original small FTTC cabinet with just one vent had been replaced with a much larger cabinet with multiple vents. Also the ground around the cabinet had been dug up with the mains power cable partially exposed.

When I checked tonight on the When and Where website, the designation had changed from EA to UR - Under Review! What can this mean, does anyone know? I really thought we were very close to going live, now I'm wondering if they've discovered some sort of problem. Also, why have they replaced the original FTTC cabinet with a larger one?
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 24-May-15 22:49:56
Print Post

[re: craigloon] [link to this post]

Well Under Review could mean anything from getting ready to go live up to having issues etc.

I did find this:
Aberlour

Fibre broadband is currently available to some premises in this area.

Digital Scotland plans to extend fibre broadband coverage in this area. Digital Scotland has been working to extend fibre broadband coverage in this area and premises were enabled in the period July to December 2014 Service availability is subject to available service provider product offerings and can be affected by technology constraints specific to individual circumstances. Deployment in this exchange is being managed by Highlands and Islands Enterprise, for more information go to www.hie.co.uk/digital or send an email to hidigital@hient.co.uk.
And the following:
Your exchange is accepting orders but fibre broadband isn't available to you yet.

You are connected to cabinet number 2 on Aberlour exchange.

The first homes and businesses in your exchange area now have access to fibre broadband, however not all premises can go live at the same time.

You can find out more about when additional premises are likely to be enabled under the Digital Scotland Superfast Broadband programme by clicking on the coloured area of the map that your home or business is in If you have entered your postcode, click on the area around the pin that shows your location.

If you would like us to contact you when fibre broadband becomes available in your postcode area or to receive a copy of our regular newsletter, register your details here.
That's all that I can find.

Paul
Standard User craigloon
(newbie) Sun 24-May-15 22:58:39
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for that reply! The map on the Digital Scotland website seems to be a version of the Openreach When and Where map, but gives the old EA-equivaelnt status.

I'm just hoping against hope that UR is a holding status after the work they were doing a few days ago splicing together the two cabinets. Though I still can't figure out why they've swapped over to a bigger cabinet.
Standard User olicuk
(newbie) Mon 25-May-15 18:29:29
Print Post

[re: craigloon] [link to this post]

There seem to be a lot of cabinets switching from Enabled Area to Under Review at present, ours and several others in the locality have done the same in the past couple of weeks as I posted here. The fact there's a lot of work going on with your cabinet is comforting to us as it sounds like it's not the step backward it may first appear!

---------
Help get superfast broadband to Everest Park: fibre.everestpark.org.uk
Standard User slimj
(member) Mon 25-May-15 20:06:41
Print Post

[re: olicuk] [link to this post]

Same here in Minster Thanet, exchange just been enabled and 4 cabinets gone live in last few weeks, 2 remain to be enabled but have since gone "under review", absolutely no reason for it as all roadworks appear to have been completed!

One cabinet is right in the heart of the village so I don't really know why that would be under review, it's also the closest to the exchange!

As there seems to be a few people reporting the same thing (not noticed it before) I'm beginning to wonder if this is just an openreach site issue?
Standard User glokon
(newbie) Mon 25-May-15 20:12:07
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

Same here, CLAUGHTON exchange Cabinet 59, was showing FTTC speeds on Friday on DSL checker (I presume it was just activated on the day as speaking to a BT engineer on the Monday said he was just finishing final work on the day to be activated end of the week) and now its gone from the checker and the BT where and when checker went from Enabled Area to Under Review on Friday.

So close yet so far! frown

EDIT: I should mention FTTC cab has been installed since October 2014, just not enabled until last week for a brief moment.

Edited by glokon (Mon 25-May-15 21:03:17)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to