General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User malcster
(newbie) Sat 23-May-15 23:51:03
Print Post

why bt why have you got me so close to shoot me down

[link to this post]

we live in newton served by cabinet 602
post code ng138hf

for years we have had slow broadband (usually 1mbps going upto 2 on a very good day)

noticed the other week that all other cabinets in east bridgford have been upgraded leaving the cabinet for us still be done

came home from work last week and saw workmen digging up the road and placing a new cabinet next to the old cabinet had a chat with the workers and they said there bit will be done in a few days then bt should be along to do their bit and job done

been checking the bt checker and it has always said im ENABLED BUT THE CABINET HAS NOT BEEN UPGRADED

workmen been and gone no sign of bt vans appearing but it has now changed to UNDER REVIEW

i know the main exchange is about 2 miles away by road which is the way the cable has come (Along the A46)

but i have no idea if and when we will get fibre

my local council states its due between june and dec but im not sure how upto date that information is

DAMN YOU BT
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-May-15 00:35:09
Print Post

Re: why bt why have you got me so close to shoot me down

[re: malcster] [link to this post]

If a FTTC twin cabinet has been stood, it is almost certain it will be enabled in time. However, there is a lot more work to do to enable a cabinet than placing a twin cabinet on the ground, and it is normal for the cabinet to be stood as one of the first jobs in the overall deployment process.

There are three other jobs to complete: connecting power, connecting fibre and installing the tie cables between the two cabinets. Once these jobs are done and the fibre is connected to a live exchange, the cabinet can be commissioned.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 24-May-15 00:38:45
Print Post

Ok, not all cabinets in your area are enabled with fibre.

Only cabinets 2 and 3 have been upgraded so far, cabinets 4 and 602 are due to be done between July and December 2015 so not that long of a wait, and cabinet 1 is to be reviewed on October.

And then you have all the EO Lines.

Cabinet 2 was enabled on 31/12/2014 and at that time handled 226 lines.
Cabinet 3 was enabled on 13/03/2015 and at that time handled 257 lines.

Information from BDUK Nottinghamshire:
Postcode NG13 8HF Status

We are pleased to confirm that your postcode is included in our programme with work provisionally planned for completion between July 2015 and December 2015. You’ll need to place an order with an Internet Service Provider (ISP) and have the relevant equipment (e.g. wireless router) installed in your property.

Available speeds will vary based on a number of factors and your chosen ISP will able to give you more advice on this.

Please check back at the ‘When and Where’ page of our website for cabinet ‘go live’ dates which will be published as soon as they’re available:

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/living/business/br...
And Cabinet 1 has to wait even longer...
You're In Contract 2

Great news! Thanks to the County Council securing extra funding we are now developing a fibre solution for your postcode through Contract 2. Please check back in October 2015 for your next update.
So there are people in your area going to have to wait longer than you.

Also being in an Enabled Area doesn't mean you can get fibre:
Enabled area

Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but your cabinet is not ready yet so you can't place an order today. It is in our plans to be upgraded and we update this info weekly, so please check back later.
That I think means that your exchange has been upgraded to fibre, but you still have to wait for your cabinet to be upgraded to be able to get fibre.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Sun 24-May-15 02:11:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 24-May-15 04:47:25
Print Post

Also did an exchange lookup of all of its cabinets and thought I would post the information.
BT Wholesale Exchange Information.

Exchange Name: East Bridgford
Exchange Code: EMEASTB
County: Nottinghamshire
Post Code: NG13
Addresses: 1501 (5 unknown)

• Cabinet: EO
    • Fibre: 0
    • ADSLx: 525
    • None: 3

• Cabinet: 1
    • ADSLx: 65
    • None: 0

• Cabinet: 2
    • Fibre: 236
    • ADSLx: 2

• Cabinet: 3
    • Fibre: 292
    • ADSLx: 42

• Cabinet: 4
    • ADSLx: 159

• Cabinet: 602
    • ADSLx: 172

All above information is correct at time of 00:45 24-May-2015.
So that leaves 968 (+5) without fibre so you are not the only one on your exchange that's hasn't got fibre yet.

And blaming BT isn't going to help, try moaning at your council.

Paul
Standard User malcster
(newbie) Sun 24-May-15 06:33:41
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Sorry I was under the impression it was an enabled exchange BT came and said there bit after the cabinet was installed

It was jat strange it suddenly went to under review almost as if they had discovered a problem at cabinet level

Thank you for all your help
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-May-15 08:55:03
Print Post

It's a bit harsh and unfair to blame BT. They aren't in the business of winding people up. If they have placed a new cabinet on the ground then they clearly intend to provide fibre in the area because they want to. If there has been a delay it will probably not be them causing it. They are quite possibly as annoyed as you are knowing that they have spent several thousand pounds installing a cabinet but still can't get any paying customers on to it.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sun 24-May-15 08:59:48)

Standard User malcster
(newbie) Sun 24-May-15 09:13:40
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

Sorry if my post seemed negative towards BT
I was unsure why it could go back to under review and potentially what would cause that to happen

I can't see it bring planning from the council as the road has been dug up from the new cabinet to where I assume it connects to the under ground cables to head in to out estate

Western power have been and done there bit so I have no clue what the hold IP could be

If you are reading this BT I apologise
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-May-15 10:50:46
Print Post

That can happen if they hit an issue that's likely to cause a long delay, e.g long lead time for power or the original fibre route can't be used and there is no easy alternative or it would incur significant extra cost

Edited by Ribble (Sun 24-May-15 11:02:24)

Standard User iand
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-May-15 21:45:01
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

What checker produced the cabinet list and service types?

IanD
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 24-May-15 21:57:32
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
What checker produced the cabinet list and service types?
I have written my own application that does all the checks via BT's DSL Checker as well as other sites that are mentioned in posts on these forums, I also data mine for information and the lovely formatted output is produced by my application.

I only have my application check the entire exchange when its a small one containing up to about 1,000 connections, due to it takes a while to complete.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to