General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BadTiming
(newbie) Sun 07-Jun-15 19:49:22
Print Post

FTTC enabled on the cabinet, except for us

[link to this post]

So, we've moved into a lovely village and had a BT line installed and were waiting until we'd settled in to do anything about upgrading our broadband. Now that time has come and even though the postcode check for fibre availabilty was fine, the line check said no.

I thought ok, that sucks but I get that the cabinet hasn't been upgraded yet. I checked on the BT wholesale checker and our number said Kinnerton exchange, cabinet 2, no fibre. Then I decided to put other numbers from the village into the wholesale checker, and lo, it says Kinnerton exchange, cabinet 2, FTTC enabled.

Is this some weird database glitch due to us only activating our line a month ago, or are we just screwed?

I rang BT up but I couldn't get much sense out of them, they claimed we had a 3 Mb connection when the router and all our downloads say the connection speed is 7 Mb, then they told me that we'd have to wait up to 3 months for fibre.

I'm just curious as to what the problem could be, seeing as we are on the same cabinet as everyone else, yet we seem to be the only people who can't get fibre. It's odd.
Standard User troublegum
(regular) Sun 07-Jun-15 22:08:23
Print Post

Re: FTTC enabled on the cabinet, except for us

[re: BadTiming] [link to this post]

You are maybe too far from the cabinet. How far are you in relation to it?
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 07-Jun-15 23:38:27
Print Post

Well I just checked all the addresses for that exchange and have the following:
BT Wholesale Exchange Information.

Exchange Name: Kinnerton
Exchange Code: WNKT

• Cabinet: EO
    • FTTP: 0
    • FTTC: 0
    • ADSLx: 130
    • None: 0

• Cabinet: 1
    • FTTC: 394
    • ADSLx: 57

• Cabinet: 2
    • FTTC: 324
    • ADSLx: 3

• Cabinet: 3
    • FTTC: 337
    • ADSLx: 0

• Cabinet: 4
    • ADSLx: 76

• Cabinet: 5
    • ADSLx: 16

• Detected 3 Issues.
All above information is correct at time of 23:35 07-Jun-2015.

Detected Issues could be stull like:
Your address has been successfully matched; however we cannot determine ADSL availability at this address. Please try the Telephone Number or Postcode Checker.
So its either your 1 of the 3 addresses on cabinet 2 or its a database error.

Can you PM me your postcode and door number so I can confirm.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eckiedoo
(experienced) Mon 08-Jun-15 07:24:07
Print Post

Could it be that all the presently-available VDSL Links in the FTTC Cabinet have been taken up.

My local PCP has approximately 300 lines through it.

The associated FTTC has a back plane of 288 sockets, of which only 48 had actual Filter Links plugged in when it went live at the end of March 2014.

In April 2015, another 48 Filter Links were added, giving a present maximum of 96 Broadband Upgrades available for allocation to only 98 out of 300 potential customers.

And at the apparent rate of upgrades, might take until 2019 to have all 288 Filter Links in the FTTC, so apparently still falling short of the PCP present capacity.
Standard User BadTiming
(newbie) Mon 08-Jun-15 10:17:59
Print Post

[re: troublegum] [link to this post]

Were roughly 200 - 250 metres away from the cabinet so I don't think its that. Then again weird stuff does happen.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Mon 08-Jun-15 10:58:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by BadTiming:
Were roughly 200 - 250 metres away from the cabinet so I don't think its that. Then again weird stuff does happen.
Well like I said in the PM you should check the BT DSL Checker and BTOR Where and when page with your landline and see what that says.

Also like I said BT say you can get infinity when I tried your postcode and door number.

If it says on the two sites that you cannot get fibre when checking with your landline then you should email BTOR using that email I gave you and explain the issue and supply your full address and landline and it might get resolved or they might explain why its not working.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to