General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Jun-15 16:47:56
Print Post

4th member of FTTC/PCP family incoming

[link to this post]

More for RobertoS as I know he likes these cabinet pictures, a stand-off shell is being built here this week as the PCP is full making 4 BT cabinets in the node.

I'll get some pictures and put them up when the construction is done as I would imagine this is uncommon.

Any of you have any neighbours that complain about how unsightly a single PCP and Huawei/ECI DSLAM are, you can show them those pictures and point out to them it could be worse.

Can't say I envy the person at #34, just as well that's their kitchen not their living room in the picture.

Should be done by Friday. Cheers.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Mon 08-Jun-15 17:10:55
Print Post

Re: 4th member of FTTC/PCP family incoming

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Ooooh, nice smile

Paul
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Jun-15 16:38:38
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Nice is a matter of opinion. Was passing earlier.

http://s4.postimg.org/ney5d0zf1/Shell.jpg

Will put some more up once the work is done and barriers removed, so that people can enjoy the magnificence of the street furniture.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hippyharry
(regular) Wed 10-Jun-15 16:40:15
Print Post

Ahh,

You've actually answered I query I hadn't even asked. I saw one of these get installed in Cambuslang, Glasgow and wondered what the heck it was! Considering it was in an industrial estate, I was surprised to see an extension built on.
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Jun-15 16:42:10
Print Post

[re: hippyharry] [link to this post]

There's probably a bunch of other stuff besides just telco jumper blocks in the cabinet you're talking about which would explain the lack of room smile
Standard User hippyharry
(regular) Wed 10-Jun-15 16:46:27
Print Post

Yeah. Theres a small DSLAM installed alongside this cabinet in Cambuslang, but they came back and added this extension.

I'll see if I can get a photo when Im leaving work tonight and share it here to let others see it for reference and compare.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 10-Jun-15 16:57:13
Print Post

There has been one of those in Basingstoke for about a year now, but it looks like Google maps hasn't updated to show it.

(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Jun-15 17:08:03
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
There has been one of those in Basingstoke for about a year now, but it looks like Google maps hasn't updated to show it.

Meh, only one DSLAM, must try harder. Must be a lot of premises on that cabinet.

*Checks*

Hmm only 524 apparently. Colour me confused. Took ~600 phone lines and 400 FTTC lines to max out our one.

EDIT: Which, given the cabinet apparently passes 105 premises is a lot of phone lines and FTTC per household smile

Was there some new build that went onto that PCP Sir?

Edited by Ignitionnet (Wed 10-Jun-15 17:09:52)

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 10-Jun-15 17:36:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by Zarjaz:

Meh, only one DSLAM, must try harder. Must be a lot of premises on that cabinet.

*Checks*

Hmm only 524 apparently. Colour me confused. Took ~600 phone lines and 400 FTTC lines to max out our one.

EDIT: Which, given the cabinet apparently passes 105 premises is a lot of phone lines and FTTC per household smile

Was there some new build that went onto that PCP Sir?
Not seen one of those cabinets before, one of our FTTC Cabinets support 775 lines, and I have seen higher in a few places, don't recall having pictures, lets see if I can get Google Maps of it.

Paul
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Jun-15 17:44:15
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Unavoidably messy.

http://s16.postimg.org/hjiwr2x5h/Cab_Family.jpg
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to