General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jimbob5050
(newbie) Sat 13-Jun-15 15:52:57
Print Post

WSCAM cab 25 fibre status update?

[link to this post]

Hi,

Wondering if anyone would be able to please give me an update as to the status of FTTC on cab 25 on wscam exchange serving post code g728re. It has been almost two years now since the fibre cab was installed but the bt adsl checker now lists an estimate of 31-march 2016. Anyone know what the delay is with this or the details for Openreach so i can ask them directly?

Thanks
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Jun-15 17:55:33
Print Post

Re: WSCAM cab 25 fibre status update?

[re: jimbob5050] [link to this post]

I am afraid you have to wait until next year!
Standard User jimbob5050
(newbie) Mon 15-Jun-15 17:49:07
Print Post

Anyone else have some more detailed information please?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Mon 15-Jun-15 18:09:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by jimbob5050:
Anyone else have some more detailed information please?
Well its a commercial upgrade, which seems to be on a low priority over BDUK funded upgrades due to them having a deadline date, where as a commercial one doesn't.

The 31st of March 2016 isn't that long of a wait compared to some people covered by a commercial upgrade that have been waiting longer, granted it was originally down to be done back in 2013.

We have been waiting since end of 2011 for our FTTP install that was partly started back then when they started the upgrade but got put on hold for BDUK work, the worst thing is I can see all the fibre hardware on our pole, I know its not fair, but these things happen.

But at least you have a date displayed, granted its next year, maybe BTOR are being cautious and you maybe the dates will change later on to a more closer date, all I have been told for our fibre is that if all being well that we should be able to order our fibre start of July, but I think something will go wrong.

But TBH its all a waiting game.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to