General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bananaramaa
(newbie) Fri 19-Jun-15 09:48:49
Print Post

BT Broadband to Infinty upgrade

[link to this post]

Hi all, I would be extremely grateful for any advice anyone can give. After a long wait infinity was finally available on my cabinet last Thursday. I placed an order for infinty 2, which is being activated on Monday. I received the HH5 yesterday, I already have BT Broadband with HH3. An emaiil from BT told me I could install the HH5 when I receive it, and it will work with my existing broadband until Mondays activation, but the booklet with HH5 kind of goes against that advice. When I plug in HH5 I just get a solid orange light, so back on HH3 now. So should HH5 work now or do I wait until Monday? Thanks for any help given! smile
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 19-Jun-15 09:52:56
Print Post

Re: BT Broadband to Infinty upgrade

[re: bananaramaa] [link to this post]

There are two "inputs" on an HH5 - a grey one marked DSL and a Red marked WAN. It should be the grey that you are connecting to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
(newbie) Fri 19-Jun-15 09:56:11
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Hi thanks for your reply, yup I have the line in the grey DSL socket. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Jun-15 10:09:35
Print Post

It should work in theory, but may take 15 minutes for the automatic setup systems to kick in.

The HH5 has both ADSL2+ and VDSL modems attached to the grey DSL socket.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Fri 19-Jun-15 10:15:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks I will try that and see what happens, I only waited a few mins yesterday before giving up on the orange light!
(newbie) Fri 19-Jun-15 16:00:46
Print Post

Tried leaving home hub 5 in for an hour, but wouln't connect. Home hub 3 connected straight away again. Had a long online chat on bt support, he didn't really understand my question, but seemed to think the home hub 5 will connect when infinity is activated. So I'm left wondering now is the home hub 5 faulty or will it connect when infinity is connected???
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Jun-15 16:05:11
Print Post

Should connect for either, but they may have some weird config setup as its a migration.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Jun-15 17:39:02
Print Post

Not good frown
If the documentation is wrong you would think/hope that BT would have found out by now as they must have had *LOADS* of customers do what you are doing!!!

It shouldn't be rocket science to get this right...
I see BT_CARE are active in the BT TBB forum you may have been better posting there?
If I was you I would try asking via Twitter and pointing them to this TBB thread to see what they say.

Let us know how you get on smile

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 19-Jun-15 18:20:06
Print Post

Did you use the modem lead that came with the HH5?
Standard User vimto_girl
(committed) Fri 19-Jun-15 18:21:00
Print Post

Did you try a hard reset yet?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386...

If it still doesn't work, do you have an engineer coming Monday? He can swap the Hub for you. If not, ask BT to send a replacement, they usually send Next Day delivery. If they say wait and see, tell them the Hub should work on ADSL and you do not wish to keep a faulty hub.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to