General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thedonut
(newbie) Fri 19-Jun-15 12:06:41
Print Post

No reliable information regarding FTTC/P

[link to this post]

Hey,

I was told by Superfast Cymru that we were going to receive FTTP but they do not know when, then I was told that it may have been delayed but they are not sure.

Nobody, not even my MP who has been trying can get any sort of useful information out of Openreach or Superfast Cymru - so I was hoping that maybe someone on here could shed some light?

My post code is CH6 6HN
Exchange is: WNHW

I was told we were getting FTTP specifically (and telecome tariffs site does say that, too) , but that's about all I know, still.

Does anyone have any, or is anyone able to get any, further information?

Thank you in advance,

Luke

Edited by thedonut (Fri 19-Jun-15 12:09:39)

Standard User thedonut
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 10:57:02
Print Post

Re: No reliable information regarding FTTC/P

[re: thedonut] [link to this post]

Nobody? frown
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Jun-15 11:12:55
Print Post

No advance from me, nothing obvious on roadworks.org so its a case of waiting

If the project does not want to say then that is down to them, and suspectthat they prefer not to, as since plans change they get even more irate people coming back when things don't happen by an estimated date.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Wed 24-Jun-15 11:42:40
Print Post

It's quite hard to get info from Openreach on BDUK projects, primarily because it's a contract between Openreach and the BDUK project body.

For what it's worth, you're still due to get FTTP (according to a deployment report from yesterday). The forecast delivery date is still showing as 8 June 2014 which isn't much use.

I would keep trying to push Superfast Cymru as they are the ones with all the information.
Standard User thedonut
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 12:16:54
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Andy,

Thank you for that information. Where did you get the 8th of June date from? Is that something that is public?
Standard User AndyHCZ
(committed) Wed 24-Jun-15 15:37:52
Print Post

This is from Openreach - but note it's from last year, not this year unfortunately.

Do you have any kind of contacts within Superfast Cymru?
Standard User thedonut
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 16:45:55
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Only one person on their Facebook, this was their response today:

Hello Luke,

I've checked your post code and it seems that your location is in scope for the roll out of Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), although I must caveat that it is possible that the technology may change. FTTP is more challenging to deploy.

I have checked and work has started on the Holywell 10 fibre structure and it is estimated that you will be able to place an order in approximately 9 months. Please note that this date is only an estimation and may change.

The good news is your postcode is in scope for the programme and work has started on the structure. My advice therefore would be to register with us via our website and we can send you an e-mail as and when the location gets upgraded.

Thanks
XXXXX
  Print Thread

Jump to