General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrdjmo
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 13:12:22
Print Post

Superfast Cymru - Issues with go live date shifting

[link to this post]

Hi long time lurker first time poster.

Been waiting patiently for Fibre to go live in my village for the past year, the date keeps getting pushed back.

Sam knows did state the go live for my area was March 2015 but this has now disappeared from their website.

Checking super fast Cymru and they state first exchange to go live end of June 2015.
Iíve done the usual investigations through roadwork.org and itís showing a fibre install to my cabinet 12th of July.
Tried to get sense from superfast Cymru is like trying to get blood from a stone.
Anyone able to help?
Post code is SA15 5NY Ė Exchange is Pontyates (SWPYH) https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SWPYH
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Jun-15 13:23:18
Print Post

Re: Superfast Cymru - Issues with go live date shifting

[re: mrdjmo] [link to this post]

Exchange live date is irrelevant it is the cabinet that is the one to worry about.

Still down as part of the Welsh project as far as I can tell.

If you look at roadworks.org there is some telecoms stuff showing in the area for 12th July so not forgotten, just looks like the usual long wait as the list of things to get done across Wales progress.

Jct Ponthenry Road and Heol Y Pentre Pontyates Llanelli Carmarthenshire SA15 5NU

ACCESS REQUIRED TO THE UNDERGROUND NETWORK TO PROVIDE FIBRE CABLING. NO EXCAVATION REQUIRED. We will work Sunday only. On site 06:00 and off by 16:30. Aplant ref 220-S000972. Aplant will supply the Traffic Management Form (SEHAUC)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrdjmo
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 14:33:03
Print Post

Re: Superfast Cymru - Issues with go live date shifting

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ye that's all I got as well, guess it's just a waiting game then. Cheers for the reply

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to