General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shab
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:05:33
Print Post

Fibre Rollout confusion

[link to this post]

Hello everyone

I wanted to ask some assistance, I've exhausted most option I could think of but it involves upgrades around my area to Fibre optic.

So basically were due an upgrade according to the where and when site, stating nothing further but that and no dates to go by other than 6 months which is very vague to me. I have also checked about and found on a local news letter that the date specified to them would be even longer summer 2016... Considering that is the main cabinet linking our area, has led to a bit confusion trying to getting any specific date or real estimate in our area as well. I've seen a few BT Openreach vans at the green cabinet as well but other than that no real signs of what's happening.

As i cannot email or get in contact with Openreach about any upgrades, work in progress and BT not being responsible 'apparently'. One support member stated next month which didn't at all seem correct considering previously being told their not responsible for knowing this info or providing it. I also have been trying to make contact with the council with no luck lately either, I only have the Sutton Veny newsletter to go by and no currents works due on Roadworks.org3.

So I would kindly like to ask if anyone could be of more help as nobody else is willing to give any status on current works around the area, I will provide some information below and more if needed to resolve this matter.

Cabinet 1 Sutton Veny
Area I live: Heytesbury
Standard User SCollins
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:24:18
Print Post

Re: Fibre Rollout confusion

[re: shab] [link to this post]

CodeLook states September this year:

Fibre: FTTC 30th September 2015

CodeLook
Standard User shab
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:31:17
Print Post

[re: SCollins] [link to this post]

Ah thank you! honestly really helpful I didn't expect anyone to give such a response with the amount of near enough little to no information I've had recently smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nightglow
(learned) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:31:47
Print Post

[re: SCollins] [link to this post]

Surprise no fibre Sutton Veny yet.
The old Wool Pack still there, use to be my local 20 years ago.
Standard User shab
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:38:14
Print Post

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

Yeah they were due it 2014 but dates were pushed back and required a listing of how many people were interested. Heytesbury however only just changed under evaluation.
Standard User Nightglow
(learned) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:41:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by shab:
Yeah they were due it 2014 but dates were pushed back and required a listing of how many people were interested. Heytesbury however only just changed under evaluation.

Well, Corton,Tytherington & several other surrounding villages, will have a even longer wait for fibre.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:44:12
Print Post

Cabinet 1 is at https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.182799,-2.112638,3...

http://www.wiltshireonline.org/index.php/broadband-r... if you enter a postcode from that cabinet claims installing now nothing on roadworks.org but with that large a grass verge there probably won't be. Time to see what is going on around the cab and pester the council for updates. Other projects do release timelines so you can gauge your excitement level.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User shab
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:53:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ah thanks everyone has been of much use! That's the box i saw being worked on the other day by two engineer anyways, other than that as far as I'm aware Sutton Veny has the new cabinet but it's not functioning as you of yet. I shall however try my best again to get in contact maybe this time through the parish to get a hold of the Wiltshire council.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 30-Jun-15 19:57:06
Print Post

Make sure they are aware of which cabinet you are talking about, while what goes on in Sutton Veny may have some impact, if cabinets 2 and 3 go live that does not help you. You need them to provide info on cabinet 1.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User shab
(newbie) Tue 30-Jun-15 20:02:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I shall get started tomorrow and provide all the information required to my friend in the parish to pass on. The sooner I can find out the better as currently latency issues have been striking a fair bit over the past month with no real help from BT.
  Print Thread

Jump to