General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lcl00
(newbie) Fri 03-Jul-15 23:15:05
Print Post

BT DSL Checker

[link to this post]

Hi guys

I recently paid BT to rearrange the network leading into my property. I'm now connected through a new DP to a cabinet about 1km away which is FTTC enabled. I know that new lines supposedly update after 24 hours, but all of my existing lines are now technically FTTC ready (they rearranged everyone on my DP - not just the new line). How long will it take for these to be updated so that I can place orders for them? Is there any way I can expedite the process? My new line still isn't in, and if I could get an order placed on one of the existing lines, that would speed things up immensely!

Thanks smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 03-Jul-15 23:41:10
Print Post

Re: BT DSL Checker

[re: lcl00] [link to this post]

More like 2-3 days than 24 hours for it to percolate through all the relevant databases.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User lcl00
(newbie) Mon 06-Jul-15 19:13:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I'm keeping an eye on the two lines that were activated on Friday (the routing was a bit odd, so they rearranged them over two days)... unfortunately it still hasn't updated correctly and is showing all of the old information.

Here's to hoping it'll be ready to go the good side of this week!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lcl00
(newbie) Wed 08-Jul-15 16:05:02
Print Post

Just an update to this... still nothing!

Any ideas on who I talk to to get this updated? I've tried my ISP (Sky)... they haven't a clue how to do it. I've also emailed Openreach's Fibre Enquiries Team who are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 08-Jul-15 16:50:43
Print Post

If activated on Friday 3rd July I would not start a panic until 13th July, the 2-3 days means two to three working days usually. Network rearrangement is generally slower to update than a classical phone line activation.

If you have paid BT directly for the work, surely there is an avenue open there, plus I presume a condition of the work was that the line was short enough to benefit from FTTC, since at 1km from the cabinet if really odd routing is used you might see little or now speed from VDSL2.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User lcl00
(newbie) Wed 08-Jul-15 17:45:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've raised merry hell with anyone that I can because it's taken so long to get this done... unfortunately it looks like I'll have to wait.

Fortunately the odd routing was up near the property and was all removed and replaced with something that had a bit of common sense applied to it. Over half of the cable up to the house is 0.9mm with the rest being 0.6mm, so the estimates for my neighbors further down the road are pretty decent (73.4 high, 54 low at about 800m), I'm suspecting another 200m at the slightly thicker grade of cable shouldn't make *too* much difference.
  Print Thread

Jump to