General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gregormac
(regular) Sun 05-Jul-15 09:08:57
Print Post

Cabinet powered on. How long to order? Any ideas

[link to this post]

Hi,
our cabinet was powered on a week and a half ago. I keep checking the ADSL checker regularly but is there any general rule of thumb from when a cabinet is powered up to when its made available to order? I've heard there is a 2week period? Would a cabinet be powered up before the fibre was connected?
Thanks
G

8Mb ADSL Max
waiting for 80/20
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 05-Jul-15 09:39:14
Print Post

Re: Cabinet powered on. How long to order? Any ideas

[re: gregormac] [link to this post]

Cabinet can be powered up before fibre is blown so could be two weeks could be three months

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gregormac
(regular) Sun 05-Jul-15 10:00:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew.
Roadworks for Openreach scheduled for tomorrow. Had hoped wasn't linked as the cabinet is in the exchange grounds and BT Scotland had said it would be live this week.
The wait goes on....

8Mb ADSL Max
waiting for 80/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tthom
(committed) Sun 05-Jul-15 17:12:19
Print Post

Keep checking bt wholesale adsl checker when it gives estimates for your line should be a few days after that

Broadband Providers since 2005 Aol/O2/Virgin Media(Cable)/BE/BT/BT-INFINITY
[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/3798886040.png[/img]
Standard User bewA
(newbie) Mon 06-Jul-15 11:39:11
Print Post

Openreach started putting in the new cabinets towards the end of the May for me and and seem to have put all the fibre etc in however things have gone quiet.
All i have to go on is what the BDUK scheme for my area is saying which is Jan 2016 although they've emailed saying October.

Just keep your eyes peeled on roadworks.org and also what's going on around various cabinets and maybe if you can email the BDUK scheme for your area (mines Connecting Devon & Somerset) and you might get someone reply.

But as others have said it's very hit and miss and there doesn't appear to be any general rule.
  Print Thread

Jump to