General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wigster
(newbie) Thu 09-Jul-15 14:25:40
Print Post

OpenReach Fibre Availability : Wrongly Listed : Please Help

[link to this post]

Hi
We have a long saga with our internet supply in so much as our property has until recently (and according to OpenReach still is......) been on an Exchange only line. To force some sort of a service for my family I have two lines both with broadband and manage to cobble together a workable service.
Recently though our entire street, numbers 1-17, have been moved to a street cabinet and can order fibre service. That is, apparently, everyone except us at number 18.
As the whole street was originally connected on the same exchange only cable bundle, this listing MUST be wrong. Unfortunately both my providers (TalkTalk and PlusNet) just read off the OpenReach database and are unwilling to escalate the error.
As an end user I can not talk to OpenReach.
Please can someone offer any advise on how this extremely frustrating situation could be resolved !!
Thank you so much in advance.
Steve
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 09-Jul-15 14:34:51
Print Post

Re: OpenReach Fibre Availability : Wrongly Listed : Please H

[re: wigster] [link to this post]

Try posting a fresh thread in the Feedback forum on the PN Community, and refer to this one. Unless that is you smile.

I suggest a new one so as to avoid confusion, but Chris who is dealing with that should pick up a new one.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 58162/14182kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User wigster
(newbie) Thu 09-Jul-15 14:51:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks -- that was not me btw smile
I have a ticket open with PN support, but will try the forum too as it certainly can't hurt to try.
Having been down that road already though I fear all routes end with OpenReach -- the computer says 'no' type scenario.
Really need someone at OpenReach to pick this up and own it, it mus be a simple issue somewhere !!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 09-Jul-15 14:56:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by wigster:
As an end user I can not talk to OpenReach.
Have you tried emailing Openreach?

They do respond.

Paul
Standard User wigster
(newbie) Thu 09-Jul-15 15:00:42
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Their enquiry address was shut down a while back I thought -- if you could point me towards a working email address I will happily take do so.
OpenReach would be the ideal folk to talk to, I believe that they are the only ones that can resolve this so would love to enter some form of communication with them.
Steve
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 09-Jul-15 15:02:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by wigster:
Their enquiry address was shut down a while back I thought -- if you could point me towards a working email address I will happily take do so.
OpenReach would be the ideal folk to talk to, I believe that they are the only ones that can resolve this so would love to enter some form of communication with them.
Steve
Not the email I PM'ed you.

I last spoke to them via email 3 days ago.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 09-Jul-15 15:04:43)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 09-Jul-15 18:33:20
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

If that goes nowhere then an email to me can get passed on after I've done my sanity checks on issue

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to