General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Jul-15 13:21:54
Print Post

Pulse8broadband

[link to this post]

Having just ordered a line rental move to them, (£14pm rental + caller display + basic 1571 v BT £24.31 for the same + E & W), I'm wondering about their FTTC.

Does anyone know whether they use WBC/WBMC possibly via someone like Enta or Daisy, straight TalkTalk Business on SMPF, or whether it is TalkTalk tails with third-party backhaul such as Daisy please?

I don't want to ask them at the moment.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57840/12740kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User colesy10
(regular) Tue 14-Jul-15 22:03:06
Print Post

Re: Pulse8broadband

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Robertos,
I cant answer your question fulIy but I have just taken out a new connection with Pulse8. Currently on adsl with them via Talktalk business. I will be upgraded shortly to FTTC. I have been informed they also use Talk Talk business for FTTC.

I haven't had FTTC for over 2 years, and have moved house. The primary reason for a new connection was to get out of Virgin Media over utilisation, and poor pings.
Currently Pulse8 are performing well on adsl, but being a fair distance from the local cabinet, predicated speed of 38Mbps for FTTC doesn't light my fire yet.....but we shall see what I get or can achieve by the end of the week.

Virgin BQM
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/cc95706139b...

Pulse8 Adsl
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/e4e5ed6ad53...

Edited by colesy10 (Tue 14-Jul-15 22:04:24)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Jul-15 23:15:07
Print Post

[re: colesy10] [link to this post]

Brilliant. Thanks smile.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Jul-15 00:19:01
Print Post

Things level and steady here. Had not been for a long long time. Getting back the speed I lost with the bad Billion router. Quite happy.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 15-Jul-15 17:37:45
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Would you mind running a tracert to bbc.co.uk for me please?

I think I know what it will show, but would like to see if I'm right.

(Or anyone on Pulse8 FTTC).

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jul-15 23:48:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Having just ordered a line rental move to them

Are you splitting your PN broadband from the phone line? Or have you always kept it separate?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 16-Jul-15 00:11:38
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

It's always been separate. But despite my lifelong belief in BT being the best place to have line rental I just discovered that in effect I am paying over £10 per month purely for a comfort feeling about what would happen if I had a line problem smile.

No-brainer.

Re Plusnet FTTC, fortunately I went onto Fibre Extra before the non-PN Phone £2.50 premium was introduced so am happily on £19.99pm for that.

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jul-15 00:53:55
Print Post

Lucky wink

While I'm not yet unhappy with my current PN service operationally, I'm not exactly overjoyed with the way things have gone over there recently.

Nothing's happened to make me move right this instance, but I'd say the risk is now higher that it could happen in the future.

That makes it hard to choose to commit to a line rental saver.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 16-Jul-15 01:11:49
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

How much do you use your line for phone?

The Pulse8, and the forecast uno (xilo SOHO), prices are dramatic.

No call setup charges. 1p per minute on per second billing? Uno going to be a fraction higher. And £10pm lower rental.

They are both clearly just aiming for a medium margin on actual cost from Openreach. Like all providers should be doing.

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jul-15 01:22:32
Print Post

Not a huge amount - but do make a little use of the hour-long inclusive calls every now and again.

I'll have to calculate what the monthly cost will buy you in calls.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to