General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Tue 14-Jul-15 13:43:28
Print Post

Place Your Bets

[link to this post]

Native FTTP has finally gone live so I have ordered 80/20.

The first question is how long before everything is connected and I am good to go?

Ordered on the 8th July, supposed to be completed on 22nd July
So far:
1) First engineers visit booked for the 13th July. I was informed by an email sent on the 13th at 12.40pm some 4hrs 40 minutes after the time he was due. I had booked that I wanted to be present which is necessary in my case.
2) The engineer did not turn up anyway, no show.
Since then no information.
So second question is how many cock-ups will there be?

Place your bets now........
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Tue 14-Jul-15 18:22:28
Print Post

Re: Place Your Bets

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Well the next screw up today.

BT informed me that the engineer did not attend yesterday but that he would attend 'sometime' today. The email was sent just after 4pm. That gave me plenty of warning didn't it?

The engineer again failed to attend.

As I must be present for the engineers visit this means I cannot leave my house until the visit has taken place.
In essence I am now a prisoner in my own home.
Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Tue 14-Jul-15 20:01:54
Print Post

I'd take being a prisoner in my house for quite a long time in exchange for FTTP!

Vigor120 + AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
on Sky Unlimited ADSL (Formerly on Be Bonded Service, alas killed by Sky)

Sky : speedtest.net : 13th July 2015 20:43 BST
23ms ping : 3.77Mb/s Down 0.60Mb/s Up : London Server

Be Internet : speedtest.net : 2nd Jan 2013 12:13 GMT
21ms ping : 4.24Mb/s Down 0.91Mb/s Up : London Server

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jax2
(regular) Tue 14-Jul-15 20:50:09
Print Post

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

Yep, and it seems like that is the price and it will be worth it in the long run.

However.
I do some voluntary work and they are short staffed this week, sorry guys but the old folk will have to make do this week
It is annoying that the emails tell me they will charge me if they cannot carry out the work because I am not there, what about them paying me if they don't turn up? No chance!

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Wed 15-Jul-15 16:25:47
Print Post

Hi Jax2,

I'm really sorry no one turned up. If you need any help getting this sorted please contact me using this link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Cheers
Neil
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Wed 15-Jul-15 19:39:04
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Thanks Neil, after a third no show today I have bent an ear or two on the phone. I have now been promised a definite visit tomorrow with an actual time (estimate) which is some sort of progress. Bit more hopeful this time, time will tell.
Standard User Jax2
(member) Thu 16-Jul-15 11:02:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jax2:
Bit more hopeful this time, time will tell.

Well two really nice guys came out this morning. As I expected they have now got to organise a tree surgeon to come out to cut branches for which they were busy submitting the necessary document when I finished chatting to them a few minutes ago. Obviously the need for the tree surgeon slows everything down but as I said that was to be expected.

So we are under way!
Standard User Nightglow
(learned) Thu 16-Jul-15 12:00:40
Print Post

Hooray!
Standard User boysteve
(committed) Fri 17-Jul-15 16:50:56
Print Post

Hey Jax2
Hope you have better luck than I'm having,must explain i am in a small block of flats with internal distribution point:
Order placed 09/06 with engineer booked for 06/07 external work.

Surveyor arrives 16/06 as planned all happy sees internal distribution point in service room says spare ducting in place shouldn't be too big a job.

06/07 no engineer!! check order and there's a problem but cannot tell me what it is,rebooked for 13/06 explain I have hospital appointment,"no worry Sir he wont need to access your flat"explain someone needs to be here to let him in the building as there's a door entry system.(Arrange for Son to take day off college to be here)

13/06 engineer arrives approx 9:00 am,Son says I am in hospital but he can show him the service
room,engineer asks if we have router and where it is going,answered yes and shown,engineer says OK I'll be back next week and leaves.

I arrive home call BT to ask why he didn't do the external work when he was here,full of apologies and gets rebooked for 22/07 but as internal install.

Now this afternoon I get a call to say it's not going to be until 29/07 why couldn't the appointment of the 22nd be changed to external install?

Oh and phone line transferred on 6th as planned but Caller Display not worked since,called to ask about this but cannot be done until after Fibre order completed as BT cannot have 2 orders open at same time-what a shambles this whole episode is turning into.
Glad my current Adsl is still active.

Entry duct
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpykxkag5aob84k/2015-06-11...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1k6ws50rzwk42q/2015-07-06...

DP
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypbbsk4oymkmm8v/2015-06-11...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Broadband Unlimited LLU without TV
Line Rental/Calls IDNET
Standard User gazzyk1ns
(experienced) Fri 17-Jul-15 17:30:15
Print Post

[re: boysteve] [link to this post]

Both of you keep us updated, with pictures, please - it's really good to know visually what should and shouldn't be done in cases like these. I'm particularly interested in how they'll (partially) isolate your line from the existing DP, Boysteve? And whether or not they'll immediately provide redundancy/physical space for if/when your neighbours adopt FTTP.

Edited by gazzyk1ns (Fri 17-Jul-15 17:33:29)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to