General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User keymoo
(regular) Thu 16-Jul-15 12:27:04
Print Post

Fed up with ISP - how to get out of contract?

[link to this post]

I'm with Vivaciti and I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is the third time in four months that my speed has dropped from 54 mbit to less than 4mbit. They said they were going to address the issue back in May and said it was a resulting of Microsoft patching. I'm in a contract until March next year but I want out now. What can I do, and how should I go about it?
Standard User keymoo
(regular) Thu 16-Jul-15 13:03:08
Print Post

Re: Fed up with ISP - how to get out of contract?

[re: keymoo] [link to this post]

Annoyingly the speed has gone back to normal now, before I had a chance to raise a support ticket.
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jul-15 15:26:42
Print Post

Is your IP Profile changing or is it down to their capacity?

Who are they using as a FTTC wholesaler?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User keymoo
(regular) Thu 16-Jul-15 17:49:09
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

IP Profile does not change, it's down to capacity, and they acknowledged that on the second support ticket. They are using entanet.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jul-15 18:01:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by keymoo:
IP Profile does not change, it's down to capacity, and they acknowledged that on the second support ticket. They are using entanet.
I would first ask them to leave penalty free if they cannot provide enough bandwidth capacity (vivaciti) If they dismiss or won't agree or some to some financial compromise then take your complaint to their ADR (Entanet Adr ) is CISAS as Vivaciti don't appear to be registered with CISAS or the Onbudsman services

onbudsman services

CISAS
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 16-Jul-15 19:30:36
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

thinkbroadband thinks they are with Ombudsman Services. At the bottom of this page.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Thu 16-Jul-15 19:47:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think the networks of a lot of ISPs are going to take a beating when Windows 10 commences distribution as MS has never distributed a complete OS t so it'll be 'Patch Tuesday' traffic x1000.

Hopefully a lot of ISPs are in the process of ordering more capacity from their upstream (peering and/or transit providers) as well as their downstream (ADSL/VDSL backhaul) suppliers or are awaiting provisioning of such otherwise we could all be in for a slow and bumpy ride.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 8800NL
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 16-Jul-15 19:56:15
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

more likely they will claim the bandwidth load was unpredictable and caught them out smile

I think sky wont even break a sweat tho. BT retail will probably also be ok.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Jul-15 20:01:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It does, but the onbudsman services web site does not list Vivaciti or J and V Data Services Ltd
So maybe they are no longer a member with either ADR so unless they registered in using another alias ??? The OP should gun for entanet
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Jul-15 20:42:53
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Strange, I'm also with Vivaciti and have had 2 issues with speed dropping away to almost nothing during "peak times" during the last month. At first I was told the first was a hot VP which was due to be dealt with by BT, and the next update was due in a few days, on calling back a few days later I was told the VP listing couldn't be found so the issue didn't exist, I then spent a few days running speedtests which showed clearly that there was a marked slowdown in the late afternoon/evenings with full speed returning around 11pm.

They were insisting on an engineer visit which of course means another half day off work because of broadband issues (there have been a lot on this line) but suddenly the issue resolved and all was well for around 2-3 weeks, then last night it started again.

Last week I noticed my BQM showing spikes of packet loss. Yesterday, my BQM showed a sudden surge in latency to the extent that the whole window was coloured due to latency. This morning it cleared, but I'm far from happy about it. this time last night my line that currently returns a 65Mbps was returning a 1.65 Mbps speedtest and wouldn't progress to a tap3 test. Its cleared today - how long for I wouldn't like to guess.

Reading the OP I'm starting to wonder how widespread this might be amongst the Vivaciti customer base. Support has been good at times - although one or two of the team seemed less than concerned - maybe I caught them on a bad day - but lets say they seemed a lot less helpful than some of their colleagues did - for example, the guy I spoke to last night with the broad Birmingham accent was great

Time will tell I guess.

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed
VIVACITI 80/20 FTTC
SWPM PCP29 - Still suffering Random drops and intermittent high error counts

BQM - a lot less red these days

Edited by warweezil (Thu 16-Jul-15 20:57:48)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to